Topic: UFX+ -> adat -> BFP FS. Use three headphone outputs?

Hi. I'm using the two interfaces connected via adat (two lanes). UFX+ being the master. Is it possible in totalmix to use all three headphone outputs, two from UFX+ and one from BFP FS, and have separate mixes for them?

Ufx+/ Bfp Fs

2 (edited by waedi 2024-06-25 08:06:49)

Re: UFX+ -> adat -> BFP FS. Use three headphone outputs?

yes, but the BF is a bit difficult.
You may youse it in standalone mode and and prepare the routing of Adat 1/2 to the headphone output.
Then in Totalmix UFX+ the Adat 1/2 is going to the BF headphone and you can save the mix for three headphones as desired.
Otherwise you will need two computers or two Totalmix and recall a single mix for all thre headphone outputs is not possible.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Skrzak 2024-06-26 09:48:02)

Standalone you mean bfp simply powered with power adaptor and not conected to usb or in cc mode?

Ufx+/ Bfp Fs

waedi wrote:

yes, but the BF is a bit difficult.
You may youse it in standalone mode and and prepare the routing of Adat 1/2 to the headphone output.
Then in Totalmix UFX+ the Adat 1/2 is going to the BF headphone and you can save the mix for three headphones as desired.
Otherwise you will need two computers or two Totalmix and recall a single mix for all thre headphone outputs is not possible.

That sounds complicated…
The Babyface can stay connected to the computer also when it’s not selected as audio hardware in the DAW. Like this, it’s not in standalone mode and can be controlled over its own TotalMix window.
In TotalMix for the UFX, ADAT 1/2 out is simply the third headphone mix. The output volume can be controlled there or (my suggestion) on the Babyface itself.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

5 (edited by waedi 2024-06-26 10:06:16)

My bad, misunderstood the the request.
Thought it shall be one mix including all three headphones.
Each headphone output has it's own submix anyway.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue