Topic: Rme Total mix Latency Issues

My main microphone works fine in my daw when recording music. But when I use my dslr camera Mic I get latency in the headphones, which is annoying when trying to stream online.

It was working just fine, but all of sudden im getting latency now. Tried everything to fix it, plugged out my baby face pro, shunt down the computer and camera. Nothing works

Re: Rme Total mix Latency Issues

To little info, how is the camera and camera mic connected to the PC?
Stream online? Like zoom meeting?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

If it has been OK and suddenly is not.... Haven't you by accident activate delay effect in TM?

vinark wrote:

To little info, how is the camera and camera mic connected to the PC?
Stream online? Like zoom meeting?

The shotgun mic is connected to the camera, and the camera is connect to the PC using USB. I hate no issues before. The latency happens before any streaming just having the Mic active and talking in the Mic there's a big delay

Kubrak wrote:

If it has been OK and suddenly is not.... Haven't you by accident activate delay effect in TM?

No cause it that was the case the Mic I use to record vocals would be doing the same

The delay is caused by the camera sending over usb. This has much much higher latency then your RME. Nothing can fix that and I am 100% sure this can not have worked before. But if the camera also has an audio out you could connect it to the rme and that should be latency free.
Hope this helps!

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

one_shott1 wrote:

The shotgun mic is connected to the camera, and the camera is connect to the PC using USB.

It’s not related to RME Totalmix then.

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

vinark wrote:

The delay is caused by the camera sending over usb. This has much much higher latency then your RME. Nothing can fix that and I am 100% sure this can not have worked before. But if the camera also has an audio out you could connect it to the rme and that should be latency free.
Hope this helps!

i wasn't complete with all the info, so it has been working for 3 years now fine, today i installed a program called exp soundboard and a program called VB-CABLE Virtual Audio. i was trying to install a sound board with a virtual audio cable. after installing thats when the latency started. i uninstalled those new problems but the latency is still there.

But anyway your issue is not related to the RME interface / Totalmix!
Do you really use the camera or is it only there as an 'interface' for the mic?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

oli77sch wrote:

But anyway your issue is not related to the RME interface / Totalmix!
Do you really use the camera or is it only there as an 'interface' for the mic?

I use the camera, to go live on streamyard using the directly into the camera. I never had an issue before 3 years in.

The latency happens weather im online on just setting at my computer. Any work arounds

How did you uninstall the exp and the VB-cable ?
It seems the VB-cable is still active in the background.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

Regular install,

mac or windows ?

waedi wrote:

Absolutely d'accord with waedi. I bet, on whatever system, whatever driver or service, the crap is still running...

quick look into their support forum:
https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?p=4398

And a look on the page where you can download ist:
The Win Version is from Oct 2015, Mac 2021

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Some programs comes with an uninstaller exe beside the installer, check the download zip

maggie33 wrote:
waedi wrote:

Absolutely d'accord with waedi. I bet, on whatever system, whatever driver or service, the crap is still running...

I would not call it crap.... It is good SW. But maybe it does not run well on 12th, 13th and 14th gen Intels. Mainly if possibly run on Win10 which do not support big-little. But even at Win11 may occure problems that have to be addressed 3rd party Apps like Lasso.

Or the SW has not been installed (and so also uninstalled) correctly...

Ok - Although my Impression is completely different - I correct myself for you: Its a good SW.

“Do It For Her”

Kubrak wrote:
maggie33 wrote:
waedi wrote:

I would not call it crap.... It is good SW. But maybe it does not run well on 12th, 13th and 14th gen Intels. Mainly if possibly run on Win10 which do not support big-little. But even at Win11 may occure problems that have to be addressed 3rd party Apps like Lasso.

Or the SW has not been installed (and so also uninstalled) correctly...

Maby it doesn't. I gave up on it. Funny thing this morning the mic randomly started working again without deleting or changing anything. But SW still doesn't work though

definetly either a HW issue, nor TM issue. Im out here...

“Do It For Her”

I do not say it is the source of your problems, but it might.... Based on the fact, it randomly works and does not....

If you have Intel CPU and it is 12th gen or higher, mix of p-cores and e-cores might exhibit this behaviour.... If that is your case (Intel 12+ gen.), you may try to switch off e-cores (probably somewhere in BIOS) and check if things get better...

If yes, you might use app. Laso to tame things. I cannot help how, as I do not have personal experience with Laso and big-little architecture Intels.

21 (edited by ramses 2024-06-26 14:35:51)

Only FYI. The software is called "Process Lasso Pro" and is from Bitsum.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

None of this is related to Totalmix... Please discuss elsewhere...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME