Topic: TotalMix FX v1.95 - Release notes or Changelog?

Hi all

I have searched unsuccessfully for the Release Notes or Changelog of TotalMix FX v1.95, on RME website, here on the forums, on internet, nothing.

Perhaps I'm missing something, can anyone help me to find it?

Thank you

FF UCX II 106/34/104 v1.251 - PC X399 + Windows 11 Pro 23H2 - Reaper 7.20

Re: TotalMix FX v1.95 - Release notes or Changelog?

rme is very well organized : usually there is a release note inside the download zip

all wrote:

rme is very well organized : usually there is a release note inside the download zip

Did you find it in your download zip? I didn't, only app file.

4 (edited by ramses 2024-06-27 07:03:12)

Maybe not in this case, where you simply replace the binary manually.
I remember that RME wrote installation notes into the forum thread if they officially ask people to test newer versions.

If the official driver update is being distributed with a bundled version of TM FX, then the installation of TM FX happens by installer and there you also have a Readme or Changelog file to see, what changed.

The location of the TM FX executeable is
C:\Windows\System32

You need to quit TM FX first before being able to rename it and to copy the new file to this location, after that you can start the new TM FX from there.

Alternatively keep the files as they are, quit old TM FX and start it from desktop or download folder to try it first.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

in the read me.rtf in the zip :

[Edit Mod: Yes, but wrong zip...]

The single downloads do not have change logs. But you find these in the current MADIface Win driver 0.9843 and the DK driver 4.12:

New in TotalMix FX 1.95:

- Supports USB.IO module

- Supports MADface XT II (requires DSP firmware 55 or higher)

- Crossfeed settings were not applied to Fireface 802 FS

- Small fix for device index display in device selection dropdown

- Corrected warning dialog for firmware version of Fireface 802, 802 FS and HDSPe MADI FX

- ARC USB: Adjustment of gain control of special channels (e.g. Instrument 3/4 of UCX II)

New in TotalMix FX 1.94:

- Room EQ for Fireface 802 FS, HDSPe MADI FX 2.0 and MADIface XT II

- Bugfix Listenback DIM for Fireface UFX+, UFX II and UFX III

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

Maybe not in this case, where you simply replace the binary manually.
I remember that RME wrote installation notes into the forum thread if they officially ask people to test newer versions.

If the official driver update is being distributed with a bundled version of TM FX, then the installation of TM FX happens by installer and there you also have a Readme or Changelog file to see, what changed.

The location of the TM FX executeable is
C:\Windows\System32

You need to quit TM FX first before being able to rename it and to copy the new file to this location, after that you can start the new TM FX from there.

Alternatively keep the files as they are, quit old TM FX and start it from desktop or download folder to try it first.

Dear ramses

You're right, simply replacing the binary do not provide info what changed. I have updated to v1.95 without problems following the steps recommended by RME and that you have described perfectly even in a more extensive and detailed way.

Thanks for share your knowledge here and glad learning from you smile

MC wrote:

The single downloads do not have change logs. But you find these in the current MADIface Win driver 0.9843 and the DK driver 4.12:

New in TotalMix FX 1.95:

- Supports USB.IO module

- Supports MADface XT II (requires DSP firmware 55 or higher)

- Crossfeed settings were not applied to Fireface 802 FS

- Small fix for device index display in device selection dropdown

- Corrected warning dialog for firmware version of Fireface 802, 802 FS and HDSPe MADI FX

- ARC USB: Adjustment of gain control of special channels (e.g. Instrument 3/4 of UCX II)

New in TotalMix FX 1.94:

- Room EQ for Fireface 802 FS, HDSPe MADI FX 2.0 and MADIface XT II

- Bugfix Listenback DIM for Fireface UFX+, UFX II and UFX III

Mr MC

This is the main reason why I consider RME Top Level, Headquarters and wonderful minds near us to offer THE answer. Solved!