Topic: Input and Playback faders do not sync in Totalmix remote on windows

I am running a Fireface UFX and have two remote units hooked up. An ipad and a surface pro running win10.

In the iPad the faders work ok, but on the Surface pro the input and playback rows are not syncronizing and do not respond to fader changes. Curiously the VU meters are working correctly in in both rows.

I suspect I am overlooking some locking feature or something that causes this, but I cant figure it out.

Regards, Rolf

Re: Input and Playback faders do not sync in Totalmix remote on windows

Either Firewall or incorrect address settings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have had this problem for a long time as well -- and it makes it so I cannot use Totalmix Remote.

For the record:
I am running on MacOS 14.5 on a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro.
I am running on a Fireface UFX III on which I just updated both the RME Driver and Firmware

What Works:
Hardware Output faders work flawlessly.
Both Mute and Solo buttons work on both Hardware Inputs and Software Playback.
All faders and Pan Knob work ONLY on the Hardware Outputs row.
All Snapshots and Layout preset controls work.
All Groups enable/disable buttons work.
I've tried disabling the firewall on the Mac -- no change

What Does Not Work:
None of the faders or Pan Knobs on the Hardware Inputs and Software Playback sync with TotalMix on the Mac.
None of the View Options sync with Totalmix on the Mac.
DURECorder does not sync with Totalmix on the Mac.

Totalmix Remote has been useless since the first day I tried it (two years ago on a Fireface UFX II+, and recently on a Fireface UFX III)

It does not appear to be a firewall issue. Please help. Thanks.

None of the faders or Pan Knobs on the Hardware Inputs and Software Playback sync with TotalMix on the Mac.

Sure? Sounds like you are on a different Submix on your Remote then on your Host for me.

None of the View Options sync with Totalmix on the Mac.

From TM Remote Help File:

Limitations:

• Mixer View & GUI - When connected the remote computer will immediately have the complete routing and FX settings of the host, including mono and stereo channels, but not the host's GUI setup, like panel states open/closed of Settings/EQ/Dynamic, FX panel visibility, 2-Row or 3-Row mode and channel width. Channel width states can be stored as usual per Snapshot and completely as Workspace, locally on the remote computer. They need to be loaded manually after loading a Workspace on the host in case an identical view is required.
“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard