Topic: My ffw800 wont send inst input to total mix.

My ffw800 wont send inst input to total mix. I plugged in my electric guitar to the instrument input and when I play the light goes on on the ffw800, but in my total mix it there is no response it works when I plug it into the inputs in the back but those wont have preamps and they sound really quiet. Also I was watching youtube videos and when I looked at other peoples total mix theirs looked the same but when they clicked on the toolbar on the inputs they have an 48v and instrument selection, I do not. My drivers are the latest, please help.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-07-23 00:34:23)

Re: My ffw800 wont send inst input to total mix.

48v phantompower for Kondenser microphones can be switched on by a button in Totalmix in newer Interfaces.
Older interfaces like the Fireface 800 has this option not in Totalmix but in the driver settings Fireface Settings dialog.
What is your cable ?
An XLR to TRS cable will not work as most guitars can only work with a TS plug.

Set the input reference level :

https://i.ibb.co/Dw7BDgt/10.jpg

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

im using an 1/4th inch with my guitar. How do I get to the driver setting again?

Okay I found my fire face settings phantom power was already turned on for all of them.

5 (edited by maggie33 2024-07-23 00:38:58)

See chapter 15.1 in your manual:
Open your Fireface Settings App, and switch in the  Dropdown Box for Input 1 to Front or Both. And adjust the other settings respectively.

Edit: Huch! In 5 Minutes multiple posts for this, while checking the manual.... Seems i was to late to the party ;-)

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

gabeschlott wrote:

Okay I found my fire face settings phantom power was already turned on for all of them.

Switch off ! Switch on only when the condenser mic is conected.

Thank you guys so much! this is my dad's old interface and it means a lot to get it up and running. Everything works now appreciate it guys!

Glad you can work
Come back whenever the user manual not serves the solution immediately.

Would be interesting to know, what you changed as it works now...

Chapter 21.3 Instrument... Describes very detailed, what the Instrument 1 in the Front is designed for.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard