Topic: MADIFace USB - Four unresponsive channels

Hello,

I'm shaking out an upgrade to a MADI-based setup. 8 channel AD card connected via optical to MADIFace unit.

Of the 8 channels, 25 to 28 are receiving a signal from the card fine, channels 29 to 32 are unresponsive (or at least not offering indications of receiving a signal).

Preamps and desk are fine, cabling is new. The DA card is indicating signal for all 8 channels.

My guess is I have got some setting wrong with the sample rate settings, since it is precisely four channels that are out of action. I am running at 96kHz and the clocking is reporting ok.

I have read the manual thoroughly but must be missing something, any ideas appreciated!

with thanks.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-07-25 19:13:55)

Re: MADIFace USB - Four unresponsive channels

You could do a test, switch everything to 48kHz
What product is this AD card ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I did try the 48khz test, the final responsive channel drops down to 14, but otherwise the same situation.

The card is a Burl BAD8, as I mentioned the signal lights (both signal green and red overload) are responding (for what that is worth).

with thanks,

Now it's even more unclear what is going on.
In Totalmix do some signal arrive from the BAD8 ? On wich input channels are these signals visible ?
Wich of the 8 channels from BAD8 are missing ?

Sorry I hope I'm explaining accurately. I get all 8 channels from the desk/summing mixer through to the BDA8 (green LED signal indicators on the front panel). But only the first four of those channels reach the Madiface (Channels 5/6/7/8 are nil/unresponsive).

I imagine it could be output from the card that is failing.

In Totalmix : Only Input channels 1/2/3/4 receives signals from the AB8, Driver setting is 48kHz, correct ?
In this case, yes, it seems the AB8 is not sending half of the channels.
Are there any settings in the Mixer ? Sure everything is 48kHz ?

Yes I think the sensible thing is to pull this card and discount that possibility first. Thank you.

gabe.inning wrote:

I'm shaking out an upgrade to a MADI-based setup. 8 channel AD card connected via optical to MADIFace unit.

Of the 8 channels, 25 to 28 are receiving a signal from the card fine, channels 29 to 32 are unresponsive (or at least not offering indications of receiving a signal).

The BAD8 operates in 56 channel mode (aka 28 channels @ 96 kHz). Maybe there is a setting available to change that to 64 channel mode, like in the MF USB Settings dialog?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME