Topic: macbook pro multiface and pcmcia

Hi

I am trying to use my old multiface and PCMCIA card with a new macbook pro. I am using a Startech cardbus to expresscard adapter. The latest mutiface drivers are loaded but OSX is not finding the hardware so I can"t even run the hardware updates. Any ideas? Should what i am trying to do work?

Richard

Re: macbook pro multiface and pcmcia

richard wrote:

Hi

I am trying to use my old multiface and PCMCIA card with a new macbook pro. I am using a Startech cardbus to expresscard adapter. The latest mutiface drivers are loaded but OSX is not finding the hardware so I can"t even run the hardware updates. Any ideas? Should what i am trying to do work?

Richard

Looks to me like the adapter obviously doesn't work. FWIW, I have the hdspe expresscard to replace my PCMCIA card for expresscard/34 systems and it works fine on my Latebook2008 Pro running osx but absolutely does not when bootcamped vista/xp.

hmm, that IS bad news. I want to use the multiface with samplitude on XP so your  boot camp failure is disspointing - have you tried VMWare fusion? It seems much better than boot camp in most respects.

so this idea of running Xp and and a hammerfall on an macbook pro is bullshit?

Richard

4 (edited by Randy 2009-02-14 03:21:28)

I'm a Sequoia user too and am also not too happy about that. Timur knows a million times more about this than me. Maybe he'll respond with a more positive message.

All I can say is that everything including the expresscard works for me on osx. I haven't had the time to experiment with VMware or parallels. I don't know why they would work any differently. same drivers, same bios.same bullshit.

So that's it - no PCMCIA cardbus on an XP macbook? So, nO point in even finding out if my expresscard converter is working or not.

I can't bring myself to pay ?350 on an expresscard just to replicate a facilty I should already have, so I am afraid i will spend that money on an Event Audiofire - which works very well

which will be the first time for something like 10 years I won't be using RME sad

Richard

Maybe there is a problem with the card adapter. Not all the pcmcia to expresscard is compatible with the unique laptp. Looks to me like the adapter obviously doesn't work. FWIW, I have the hdspe expresscard to replace my PCMCIA card for expresscard/34 systems. BWT, all I can say is that everything including the expresscard works for me. I haven't had the time to experiment with VMware or parallels. Hope you can get what you want.