Topic: Input levels

Hi,

I have a system which integrate 3 Fireface UC in the following way (all three are the same):

1. I am using 4 Inputs and 4 Outputs - 1,3,5 and 7.
2. The RME is connected with a USB cable to a desktop PC.
3. In the PC I have an application which recieve each channel input and send the data to the network (it is a simulation of radio communication SW called V+ by Simphonics)
4. The data going into the PC is different for every input (I have a constant input and monitor the RMS levels thru the V+ application in the PC):
a. Input 1 is the lowest 300mvolts
b. Input 3 is 1Volt
c. Inputs 5 and 7 are 2.5 Volts

The matrix is a simple diagonale, nothing special.
I am updated to the latest firmware (version 123) and software (version 10.088)

Since the values are constant and equale between all three Fireface UC I have I assume it is a matter of configuration which I miss.

So basically my question is how do I configure the analog inputs so all of them will provide the same output to the connected PC (givven the same signal)?

Anyone might have an idea (I am aware it is not the most common way of using the Fireface)

2 (edited by waedi 2024-09-16 19:00:27)

Re: Input levels

Make same settings in every hardware input channel in Totalmix (gain settings) and control the amount of output with the faders of the hardware output channels in Totalmix.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Re: Input levels

armyred wrote:

So basically my question is how do I configure the analog inputs so all of them will provide the same output to the connected PC (given the same signal)?

Unclear and not perfectly worded. My guess: You want to see the same digital input level in your software for all inputs although a different analog level is present. The answer is as easy as obvious: use the input gain knobs in TotalMix and the Ref Level settings (Line In) found in the Settings dialog Gain tab to make them more equal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME