Topic: Clicking outputs ufx ii

Hi

Got a ufx ii that started going bad a month or two ago. It started subtly and i thought my monitor was going bad and i tried just plow through it until i could afford to replace them. But after a while it got more prominent and i started investigating and realized it was the line outs! now every time i play a transient rich sound i hear a click afterwards. When i route the line out 3-8 (mains are unaffected) back to line in and record for example a moog bass sound it sounds thinner and slightly distorted compared to the render of the main outs. Tried updating, changing the speakers, reinstalling macos, updating macos, all the different routings and totalmix tricks i could think of. Even running it in stand alone mode. But no solution. Found posts about it here and those guys had to get theirs replaced.

So i wrote to support on august the 30. Got a response the 3rd of september, when a guy asked a few questions and then radio silence… tried emailing them again 2 more times in case they didn’t get my response… sad it is 3 months out of warranty… is that why they are not responding? Only owned metric halo interfaces before and their support responds within hours or a day at most…

Best regards
Niclas

Re: Clicking outputs ufx ii

Who is 'a guy'?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Who is 'a guy'?

Don’t want to out him publicly on a forum like this. DF is his initials. I’ll remove the post afterwards.

Apologies, must have overlooked this one. Will get back to you later today.

That said, if the same issue occurs with another computer or in standalone mode, it looks like a simple warranty issue for which it would be best to contact the retailer or local distributor.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME