1 (edited by grax 2024-09-28 04:52:25)

Topic: HDSP Flash Update Tool Failure

I have an HDSP PCI Rev 1.8 card with a StarTech PCIe to PCI adapter and a Multiface I (Steinberg branded Multiset) that I recently took out of storage. I installed the Win 10 drivers and for the last six weeks everything has been great. I had a power outage today, and now I'm getting a hardware version mismatch. I attempt to run the Flash Update Tool, and when the tool gets to Programming, the computer reboots. I've tried maybe 10 or so times with the same result. I;m out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

Re: HDSP Flash Update Tool Failure

I would try to test the card in another computer directly on the motherboard without Startech adapter.
If a power outage made the card failing, then a flash update will not help probably.
And the Startech adapter can be destroyed after the power outage then the flash tool also will not succeed.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by grax 2024-09-28 21:05:19)

I should have mentioned this in the original post, but the flash update also failed when I first installed the card. I was never able to successfully update it prior to the power outage. I don't have access to a computer with a PCI slot, so there's no way for me to test it without the adapter. All my audio equipment runs off the same circuit, with two Furman power conditioners and an APC surge protector. Not saying it isn't possible, but everything else is fine.

You don't need to be the owner of another computer, take the card to the music store and ask for help.
They usually help performing flash updates for customers without charging money.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue