Topic: Babyface Pro FS outputs?

Hello. I am wondering why DAW shows that there are more outputs for the BabyFace Pro FS than the two XLRs. For example it shows Analog 1 and 2 (which are the monitor outputs) but there is also 3, 4... and I lost count after that.
Why is that? Is there a way to connect other outputs? If so, I would love for the metronome to be in a separate output. Any ideas?

Re: Babyface Pro FS outputs?

Phones are 3/4, and optical ADAT 5/6, 7/8. 9/10 and 11/12 (at SS).

Yes
You have the XLR analog outputs 1 and 2
Then the headphone outputs 3/4 both headphone outputs have the same signal from the same audio channels 3/4

Then comes the digital outputs 8 channels Adat, the optical toslink ports.

Connect another device there something like Behringer ADA8200 gives you additional 8 Mic inputs and 8 XLR outputs
When sample rate is 44,1 kHz or 48 kHz.
At 96 kHz the Adat channels are half.

Babyface Pro FS is a top modern 24 channel audio interface.
12 inputs and 12 outputs.
Amazing !

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

So currently I am using in a LIVE situation using Cantabile Pro. All the VTS are going out on analog 1 and 2. How could I do it so that the metronome goes to a different output so that I can have it in the mix just for some musicians?

5 (edited by waedi 2024-09-27 02:22:10)

gabriel_yafet wrote:

So currently I am using in a LIVE situation using Cantabile Pro. All the VTS are going out on analog 1 and 2. How could I do it so that the metronome goes to a different output so that I can have it in the mix just for some musicians?

Double post, you may delete one.

It seems to be possible to do that.
You have to do this in Cantabile first.
Route the Metronome sound to a different audio output channel.
This Metronome sound will appear in Totalmix software playback channels and you can freely mix it to the talents.

i had to do this with another DAW, metronome for the drummer had to be louder, no problem with Totalmix.

Here a screenshot from the Cantabile routing :
You may select output 3/4 instead 1/2

https://i.ibb.co/Mch9MVZ/Bildschirmfoto-2024-09-27-um-03-06-23.png

Will having the metronome in out 3, allow me to have the metronome and the rest of the mix? Or juts the metronome?

7 (edited by waedi 2024-09-27 04:42:53)

gabriel_yafet wrote:

Will having the metronome in out 3, allow me to have the metronome and the rest of the mix? Or juts the metronome?

It is just separating the metronome to a separate channel in Totalmix.

The rest of Cantabile with all the VSTs will still play on output channels 1/2 (without metronome).

You can and have to mix the metronome individually in Totalmix to each hardware output for the musicians.

At the end you save a workspave in Totalmix and reload it in the next session.
Monitoring recall.
Check out Cantabile if individual VSTs can be routed to individual outputs, it would give you even more flexibility in the monitoring mix.

Thank you

9 (edited by lorenzzzzzzzo 2024-09-29 10:52:19)

Hello Guys

Anyone using Ableton on MacOS, and has a count of 28 channels instead of 24
Was wondering if its a software error, or a kind loopback reserved for a specific fonction ?

I checked all the 12 + 12 first working fine, nothing on the 13/14 ins and outs

Have the idea that it may be about SPDIF ins/outs that could be seen even when inactive... I'll test it when possible

You paid for 12+12 and that is what you got. wink

13/14 are the FX send/return channels, not accessible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME