Topic: ADI-2 Remote not showing the State Overview screen

I have an ADI-2 Pro 2/4 SE with ADI-2 Remote installed. I finally got the remote able to recognize the devise and Sample Rate, however, when i press on the SOV setting or F6, nothing happens. I believe another window is supposed to popup, but nothing happens. I can see the state overview on my units screen, but on the remote, which is troubling because i mainly need the remote to control everything as the unit hasn't been placed within my reach in the studio.

I am using Windows 11 with the latest update. I tried using different USB cable to see if that would help, and nothing.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Re: ADI-2 Remote not showing the State Overview screen

Remote is 2.1?
Firmware is 73/40 or 210/40?

Did you change the monitor setup? If so the window might open out of the display area. Go to C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\ADI2Remote and rename the file ADI-24ProSE. Note: The position info of the SOV window is at the end of that file.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mathias,

ADI-2 remote and the hardware unit have been updated to their latest 2.1 for thr software and 210 for the firmware.

I was able to follow the path that you provided which led me to the a file in the ADI2 Remote folder which is named ADI-24Pro SE. So, what am I supposed to rename? I opened the file in Notepad and it looks like coordinates or something for alot of the EQ settings. At the end, it appeared to show a file which has 1980 and 768, but I don't see "SOV" anywhere.

If I understand correctly, renaming the file will force the Remote app to create a new file with default settings, including the SOV window size and position.

Exactly. And I clearly wrote that those position information is SOV. The main window size and position is stored in a different place.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mathias,

I renamed the file and restart the computer which did show that it created another file, nut when i opened up the remote software and pressed SOV, it still didn't show any additional window.

For your reference, I have a 3 monitor setup with a TV being one of the monitors. I am not sure if this information helps, but do you know of anything else I can do?

7 (edited by KaiS 2024-10-19 21:06:43)

gonzales.russell wrote:

For your reference, I have a 3 monitor setup with a TV being one of the monitors. I am not sure if this information helps, but do you know of anything else I can do?

In multi-monitor configurations, Windows tends to create a virtual screen on a display with lower resolution.
Maybe the Remote window is somewhere outside the currently visible range.

Dragging the mouse cursor around on such a virtual screen shows it’s outer parts.