Topic: ADI Remote App Telemetry

I am wondering if the ADI Remote app implements any telemetry? E.g. record some information from my computer and send it to server?

2 (edited by ramses 2024-10-11 10:55:34)

Re: ADI Remote App Telemetry

No and you can validate it on Windows using the Defender Firewall.

If an application needs network access, then Windows Defender Firewall will prompt you to grant the application access to the network.

Test steps:

1. Set windows defender to default.

2. Open an application like BeeBeep which requires access to the network to see what happens.
    You will get prompted by Defender Firewall whether you allow access to private or public network adapter.

3. Open and use ADI-2 Pro.
    Nothing is prompted, or in other words: the application doesn't access a network adapter.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

stom wrote:

I am wondering if the ADI Remote app implements any telemetry? E.g. record some information from my computer and send it to server?

The people at RME have more important things to do than inspecting some random guys' computers.

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

stom wrote:

strange question. Anyhow, if you can sleep better: 
On Macs, too: No, nada "calling home" from the app.

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard