Topic: MadiFace XT II vs. DigiFace/UCX II converters

Trying to understand is there a difference in A/D D/A converters between the NEW MadiFace XT II and the DigiFace or UCX II?

Reason I'm asking I'm doing a shootout for a major Distributor comparing the PRISM LYRA 2 and RME's top line products. I need more insights so I can correctly share my advice online once I finish my analysis.

2 (edited by waedi 2024-10-18 14:55:12)

Re: MadiFace XT II vs. DigiFace/UCX II converters

Wich one Digiface ? There are 5 different products.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

DigiFace USB

The reason I ask is the MadiFace XT II I bought (and probably returning) has too many virtual channels I do not need or want so If I can get the same sound conversion quality out of a simpler RME Interface then that would be my preference.

The Digiface USB has only an analog headphone output.
Of course one can use this to connect loudspeakers, but if you have a big interface with analog XLR connectors, the comparison makes not much sense.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by unpluggged 2024-10-18 16:51:25)

MrAllenUnderwood wrote:

MadiFace XT II <...> has too many virtual channels

They are real, not "virtual".

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

Differences you can see here in my Excel:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35156

UCX II is a USB2, 20ch interface without MADI and only 1x ADAT I/O
MADIface XT II is USB3, 194/196ch interface with 3 MADI buses, but no ADAT I/O, no instrument inputs, lower Mic gain, no DURec.

If you considered getting an XT II (for €2399) but won't need 3x MADI I/O, then you are IMHO better of getting either
one of the two flagship interfaces UFX II (USB2, 30ch, €2099) or UFX III (USB3, 94ch, €2649).

With the flagship interfaces UFX II and III  you have the excellent converter of ADI-2 Pro FS series of reference converters and all features that you might need. Autoset, DURec, Mic Gain up to 75 dB, RoomEQ, Crossfeed, Instrument Inputs with higher gain range and separate ports for ARC USB and WC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I wonder what's going on here. The forum has been attracting chatbots lately.

Perhaps it's time to implement some kind of captcha verification during member registration.

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

Didn't see this one. Deleted.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you Ramses for the explanation, I will return the XT II and try the UCX II. I have the UCX first addition. Is that the same converters as the II?