1 (edited by kallisgrillimbiss 2024-10-23 18:55:10)

Topic: ARC USB standalone mode - how to control volume for fader group?

Hello,

i have the UCX II and use the ARC USB for volume control of a surround set of active speakers. I used it on a Windows PC for some time (the UCX II is connected to the PC via USB). For volume control i have made a fader group in Total Mix to change the volume of all outputs in sync with the main output.

I have now recently bought an Apple TV and an AVR to listen to Atmos tracks on Tidal. I have the pre outs of the AVR connected to the analog inputs of the UCX II and set the routing in Total Mix. So i thought i can use the UCX II for PC as well as for the AVR. For this, i have connected the ARC USB to the USB port of the UCX II. My expectation was, that the UCX II "remembers" what i set up in Total Mix, regardless of having the PC connected or not.
It works as intended as long as the PC is running, but if i shut down the PC, the ARC USB only controls Line out 1/2 and the volume of the other outputs stays as it were. The routing still works, but the fader group doesn´t work anymore.
My workaround is to keep the PC running.

What can i do to control the whole fader group in standalone mode?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched, but did not find an answer.
Thanks!

Re: ARC USB standalone mode - how to control volume for fader group?

User manual page 50 :

23.4 Setup vom Computer aus speichern
Setups können auch vom Computer aus in das Gerät gespeichert werden. Dies bietet sich an, da
die Setups normalerweise auch am Computer erstellt werden. Dazu wird in TotalMix FX über
Options / Store current state into device der gewünschte Speicherplatz (Setup) im Gerät ausge-
wählt, und in das Gerät übertragen.

You have to store the Totalmix situation into the device

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

User manual page 50 :

23.4 Setup vom Computer aus speichern
Setups können auch vom Computer aus in das Gerät gespeichert werden. Dies bietet sich an, da
die Setups normalerweise auch am Computer erstellt werden. Dazu wird in TotalMix FX über
Options / Store current state into device der gewünschte Speicherplatz (Setup) im Gerät ausge-
wählt, und in das Gerät übertragen.

You have to store the Totalmix situation into the device

Danke, aber das funktioniert leider nicht. Wenn ich das mache, kann ich mit einem Druck auf Snap 1 die gespeicherte Lautstärke direkt einstellen, aber der Drehregler funktioniert weiterhin nicht wie gewünscht, also nicht auf die Fader-Gruppe. Muss ich noch etwas anderes beachten?

(Thanks, but this did not work as intended)

From page 14

Im Menü SETUP/REV – Options – Hardware/Diagnosis befinden sich einige zusätzliche Einstell
optionen, die an anderen Stellen dieses Handbuchs nicht beschrieben sind.

Standalone ARC Volume. Deaktiviert alle Tasten. Nur der Drehgeber funktioniert, fest zugeord-
net zu Main Volume.

I think you have to select this option.

waedi wrote:

From page 14

Im Menü SETUP/REV – Options – Hardware/Diagnosis befinden sich einige zusätzliche Einstell
optionen, die an anderen Stellen dieses Handbuchs nicht beschrieben sind.

Standalone ARC Volume. Deaktiviert alle Tasten. Nur der Drehgeber funktioniert, fest zugeord-
net zu Main Volume.

I think you have to select this option.

Das hilft leider nicht. Auch dann regelt der Drehgeber nur Line 1/2, nicht die ganze Fader Gruppe.

(Still does not work as intended)

sehr merkwürdig, da stimmt doch was nicht. Ist die Firmware vom ARC up-to-date ?

Fader Group is not implemented in standalone mode!
It was a pain in the b*tt for me as well since I wanted to change multiple outputs at the same time without a PC. After all I had to develop my own solution with a microcontroller to manipulate midi notes. Currently there is not an easy solution for this only programmable midi controller can do this.

I will explain my setup in a new thread since I'm not using ARC instead an bluetooth capable volume knob from TE.

waedi wrote:

sehr merkwürdig, da stimmt doch was nicht. Ist die Firmware vom ARC up-to-date ?

Das stimmt sehr wohl. Fadergroups werden stand-alone vom UCX II nicht unterstützt - keinem unserer Interfaces. Nur das ganz neue MADIface XT II hat erstmalig die Option 'Link to Main' im Display, was dann stand-alone einer Fadergruppe entspricht.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you fercsa and MC. That´s a bummer, i did not expect that.

MC, falls es Pläne gibt, das noch nachzurüsten, wäre das natürlich sehr schön. Oder ist das ausgeschlossen?

Die Pläne gibt es tatsächlich.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Super, das freut mich!
Dann kann ich erstmal damit leben, den PC nebenbei laufen zu lassen, und freue mich drauf, dass es vielleicht demnächst eine Lösung gibt.