Topic: Problème de crépitements sonore - entrées - DIGIFACE USB

Bonjour,

J'ouvre ce post en dernier recours car j'ai des problèmes avec ma carte son Digiface USB achetée neuve en 2017.

Depuis quelques semaines des crépitements sur mes entrées hardware visible sur le total mix ont fait leur apparition. Cela a commencé de manière aléatoire , au début j'arrivais a résoudre le problème en redémarrant mon ordi 1 ou 2 fois et aujourd'hui ces crépitements sont constant.

Avec une perte de Synchro visible sur le "Fireface usb Settings", dans l'onglet "input statuts" : le statut de mes 2 premières entrées optique qui sont connectés a mon convertisseur oscille entre le statut "Lock" et "No Lock".

J'utilise un convertisseur AN / NA Ferrofish A16 / AE en Synchro ADAT avec la Digiface depuis 2017 sur un MacBook Pro et je n'avais jamais eu de problème. Ces crépitements audible et visible dans le total mix dans l'onglet du haut "HARDWARE INPUTS" ne sont pas visible sur les vu mètres du Ferrofish ce qui me fait dire que le probleme viendrait plutôt de la carte son RME.

J'ai également tester mon ferrofish sur un PC avec une carte RME Audio Hammerfall DSP HDSP 9652 et je n'ai pas eu de problème de craquements donc ça ne semble pas venir du convertisseur.

Je précise qu'aucun changement majeur dans ma configuration n'a eu lieu avant l'apparition de ce problème. (pas de Maj de l'OS ou des pilotes RME ...).

Voici ce que j'ai tenté de faire afin de résoudre le problème :

- Tout débranché et rebranché uniquement mon convertisseur et ma carte son sur mon ordinateur dans une autre pièce pour éliminer les problèmes lié aux ondes ou électricité statique de certains éléments de mon studio (J'avais une lampe halogène avec variateur que j'ai retiré)
- Mise a jour des pilotes de la RME, j'ai installé la version driver 4.16 avec firmware V18
- Mise a jour de mon OS vers Monterey version 12.7.6
- changement des 2 paires de câble ADAT (pour des câble neuf sssnake Optical Cable 1m chez Thomann)
- changement du câble USB de la carte RME (câble neuf)
- changement de l'adaptateur USB C vers USB pour Mac book pro. (câble neuf)

Pour l'instant la seule solution semble être de changer ma carte SON RME mais si quelqu'un a déjà rencontré ce problème et pourrait m'éclairer un peu cela m'aiderait beaucoup. Ma DIGIFACE a 7 ans d'ancienneté et elle est toujours resté dans mon studio, j'avoue ne pas trop comprendre.

Voici ma configuration:

- RME DIGIFE USB

- convertisseur AN / NA Ferrofish A16 / AE

- Ordinateur: MacBook Pro
  Identifiant du modèle : MacBookPro13,2
  Nom du processeur : Intel Core i5 double cœur
  Vitesse du processeur : 2,9 GHz
  Mémoire :    8 Go

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.,

Joey

Re: Problème de crépitements sonore - entrées - DIGIFACE USB

I have to have a translation into English.
I use Google Translate, this post is for myself

Good morning,
I am opening this post as a last resort because I am having problems with my Digiface USB sound card purchased new in 2017.
For several weeks, crackling noises on my hardware inputs visible on the total mix have appeared. It started randomly, at first I managed to solve the problem by restarting my computer once or twice and today these crackling sounds are constant.

With a loss of Synchro visible on the "Fireface usb Settings", in the "input statuses" tab: the status of my first 2 optical inputs which are connected to my converter oscillates between the status "Lock" and "No Lock".
I have been using a Ferrofish A16/AE to Synchro ADAT AD/DA converter with the Digiface since 2017 on a MacBook Pro and I have never had a problem. These audible and visible crackles in the total mix in the top tab "HARDWARE INPUTS" are not visible on the Ferrofish VU meters which makes me say that the problem would rather come from the RME sound card.

I also tested my ferrofish on a PC with an RME Audio Hammerfall DSP HDSP 9652 card and I didn't have any cracking problems so it doesn't seem to come from the converter.
I would like to point out that no major change in my configuration took place before this problem appeared. (no updating of the OS or RME drivers...).

Here is what I tried to do to resolve the problem:
- Unplugged everything and reconnected only my converter and my sound card on my computer in another room to eliminate problems related to waves or static electricity from certain elements in my studio (I had a halogen lamp with a dimmer that I removed)
- Updated the RME drivers, I installed driver version 4.16 with firmware V18
- Updated my OS to Monterey version 12.7.6
- change of the 2 pairs of ADAT cable (for new sssnake Optical Cable 1m from Thomann)
- change the RME card USB cable (new cable)
- changing the USB C to USB adapter for Mac book pro. (new cable)

For the moment the only solution seems to be to change my RME SOUND card but if someone has already encountered this problem and could enlighten me a little that would help me a lot. My DIGIFACE is 7 years old and has always stayed in my studio, I admit I don't really understand.

Here is my configuration:
- RME DIGIFE USB
- Ferrofish A16/AE AD/DA converter
- Computer: MacBook Pro
  Model ID: MacBookPro13.2
  Processor name: Intel Core i5 dual-core
  Processor speed: 2.9 GHz
  Memory: 8 GB

Thank you in advance for your help.,f)

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by waedi 2024-10-24 21:56:22)

Do you listen the crackling noise from where ?
From the headphone output of the Digiface ?
Or from loudspeakers connected to a Ferrofish ?

What is the clock-mode setting in the Fireface USB Settings ?

Écoutez-vous le crépitement d'où ?
Depuis la sortie casque de la Digiface ?
Ou depuis des haut-parleurs connectés à un Ferrofish ?
Quel est le paramètre du mode horloge dans les paramètres de la Fireface USB ?

It sounds like the ADAT inputs (TOSLINK receivers) are defective. Anyway, this unit needs to be sent in for checking and possible repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

Thank you for your answers,

The crackling sounds are audible both through the speakers connected to the ferrofish and through the headphone socket on the RME.

The problem seems to come from a loss of Synchro, this morning I have almost nothing coming into the ferrofish.

The status of the ferrofish also fluctuates between “lock” and “no lock”, as do those of the RME.

the clock-mode setting in the Fireface USB Settings is set to internal - 48 000 KHZ

thank you in advance for your help

For a test, if you disconnect all Ferrofish and listen music from the computer thru the headphone output of the Digiface USB.
Is there also crackle ?

Indeed, when I completely disconnect the adat cables from the ferrofish and plug the headphones into the RME, I get no more crackling noises.

Listening to the music is perfect

8 (edited by waedi 2024-10-25 10:52:53)

Joey82 wrote:

Indeed, when I completely disconnect the adat cables from the ferrofish and plug the headphones into the RME, I get no more crackling noises.

Listening to the music is perfect

That is a good thing. Then you can do some more test if you like.

Recording thru cable-Loopback, this test will let you know if a toslink port is broken.

Use a toslink cable and connect it from an output to an input.
Play a music thru that output and record this in the DAW.
Listen back thru headphones.

Easy-to-do tests and it cost you nothing.

Make recordings from every input, use every output