Topic: Digicheck ng pre room correction software?

Hello

I have had the ADI 2 DAC fs for a while now and find that the display spectral analyzer has the potential to be very useful in a mixing and mastering situation. So I also have had a play with the digicheck app for a while, even more useful. Looks better than any software metering I have come across. 

However, using room correction software on my Mac for speaker calibration, the signal is being processed by the room correction software before it reaches digicheck. Obviously I would want the signal to be unaltered in digicheck for accurate readings..

There seems to be two "solutions" to make proper use of digicheck this way;

1. Buy an RME audio interface to route more than one stereo feed simultaneously to whatever destination.

2. Buy a hardware box for room correction, place it between the output of the ADI DAC and the monitors.

I may have answered myself here, but just want to be sure, before I go buy something new, either software or hardware. If a simpler solution exist, I would like to know? Digicheck in a plugin would be great!

In context, I already use a Motu 8 audio interface connected digitally to the ADI DAC (which works great by the way) most of the time, so I am in no need of a new audio interface with more routing options either, other than the aforementioned.

Re: Digicheck ng pre room correction software?

I have read manuals but am still a bit confused on how I can make use of digicheck ng properly. To reformulate;

1. Only when loopback to usb is activated and the ADI DAC is selected as playback device on the system, digicheck ng will be able to receive signals. Yes? 

2. If somehow was possible to make digicheck ng app receive the DAW output directly, before my systemwide application, I have achieved my goal really.

Any tips would be highly appreciated, and sorry for my ignorance.

Not sure if it's any help but I never use loopback, and Digicheck NG shows everything I play in Windows, whether from DAW, browser, online radio, video player software, games, guitar amps sims, standalone drum and synth software, or internal Bluray drive etc. Just need to make sure you have the global Audio Device Setup settings and individual meter Input Selection settings setup correctly.

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

Thank you for the response. That may very well be helpful.. so far I have only been able to get signals into digicheck when the loopback to usb is activated on the ADI, but I will have to fiddle som more I guess.. maybe if I create a new "aggregate device" in the audio setup on my Mac.
What RME interface are you using?

No worries. Windows only here but it all just works once setup. ADI 2/4 Pro SE. I have a couple of different Workspaces saved based on whether I want Digicheck NG to monitor/show Inputs (from my vinyl for listening or mic preamps/DIs for recording), or Outputs (all the other stuff I mentioned in my last post). Just need to select different Inputs or Playbacks in the individual meter Input Selection menu, then save them as Workspaces.

Hope it might be helpful!

https://musicwall.app/hermetech

That sounds like a nice configuration! In the input selection menu in digicheck, only spdif L/R shows here so I have no option to try anything else.. I suspect the root of it may be that the ADI DAC only is a two channel device. If I only can make digicheck listen directly to the output of my DAW, before anything else on the OS environment.