Topic: Fireface UCX Host error

I have been using a Fireface UCX since 2019. now the red HOST LED is on always, indicating that there is no host connected. The USB cable between UCX and Windows PC is OK, works fine with other sound cards. I reloaded the drivers, unplugged and re-plugged the USB cable, tried another USB cable, powered off and on the UCX and also the PC, but nothing helps. After power on, the UCX starts up normally, but then leaves the HOST LED lighted after a few seconds. The Windows PC does not see the UCX in the Settings menu. Anybody seen this before?

Re: Fireface UCX Host error

Try another power supply and test with another computer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Already tried another computer, also changed USB ports: no effect. What do you mean by "try another power supply"? The power supply that was delivered with the UCX works: the green LED on the PSU connector is on, and also checked the voltage: it is OK.

Try another one anyway, just to confirm. 9-12V, 2A, pin positive.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Tried it with another power supply. Same thing: HOST LED remains lighted red.

Does it work with another computer?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Sure the unit is not in CC-mode ?
Press the knob for a second when the device is not conected to a computer.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Does not work with another computer. Pressing the knob for a second when no computer is attached does not solve it either. As long as the PC does not connect to the UCX, I also cannot do any flash update. I tested it on three computers, with 5 USB cables, and 3 power supplies. Nothing makes the HOST LED go out.

I've lost connection to Studio One. Studio One won't recognize or initialize my RME Fireface UFX II. Windows will recognize it and the Host light is checked and fine. But Studio One will not connect to the Fireface at all. Apparently Windowz launched some kind of hardcore update that reinstalls your OS. Perhaps a factor.

Fireface UFX II, Babyface Pro, Windows 10, Studio One 5

10 (edited by ramses 2024-10-25 23:32:08)

Blinky, this thread is about UCX II not UFX II. The two devices do not even use the same ASIO driver.
Please open a new thread and please answer the following questions.

When was it working the last time and what happened in between?

Is the MADIface ASIO driver installed and loaded in Studio One? Screenshot, please.

Is Windows audio working (is or are the WDM device(s) still configured in driver settings and selected as default audio device in windows sound settings)?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Blinky, this thread is about UCX II not UFX II. The two devices do not even use the same ASIO driver.

Actually, it's about UCX, not UCX II wink

Fireface UCX II + ARC USB > ADI-2 Pro FS R BE > Neumann KH 750 DSP + MA 1 > KH 120 A

You are right, its late, good night wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Sorry, yeah I know its about another RME device. The recent Windows update ruined my RME connectivity in Studio One. Once I uninstalled the drivers that had been fine up until 18 hours ago and installed the latest RME drivers it was good again. I thought the opening poster's Host issue could have something to do with the Windows update. This Windowz update apparently reinstalls the OS...or something like that.

Fireface UFX II, Babyface Pro, Windows 10, Studio One 5

@RME Support: does this mean that my UCX is ripe for the scrap heap? That is a short life time, just 5 years, with infrequent use.

15 (edited by waedi Yesterday 22:58:30)

RME has excellent service partners in every country, the UCX is worth to repair, or at least ask for a possible solution.
It will last much longer than 5 years for sure.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue