Topic: Questions asked and replied in German

This user forum is (also) supposed to be a tool for sharing knowledge, right?
Would it then be too much to ask for people to ask their questions in English, if they are able to?

Every now and then you stumble upon a question asked in German, and where RME has replied in German.
I appreciate the fact that RME is a German company that wants to service it's national customers in the best possible manner.
However internationally, many people do not understand your beautiful language.
These questions and replies written in German are therefore of no help to a lot people.

Best regards,
Henrik

Re: Questions asked and replied in German

As you state it yourself: not everyone can speak english. But even if someone is just too lazy to do it: we can not force anyone to use english language.

I also doubt that our language is 'beautiful', but beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, as we all know :-)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Questions asked and replied in German

Having spent a few years in Europe I have some small ability to cope with Germanic languages (more Nederlands than German),  and I can slowly work my way through German Q & A just in case I miss something useful.  I have noted that some forum members will join the discussion in English.

Perhaps there are some members of the forum (apart from MC and those in the company) who are sufficiently bilingual to join a thread and offer translation for the benefit of others (always on the understanding that the original language version is definitive, and any translation is on the basis of  'all care but no responsibility').

Obviously, similar thoughts may apply to French and Spanish speakers.  And of course, in the spirit of technical mutual support and understanding, we can be suitably supportive when of errors in English grammar and syntax  are made by those who do not have English as a their main language (I mean, the British have coped with the American version of their language for centuries ... :-)

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum