Topic: The Stereo and MADI 64

Hi Guys. I would like to know about one option in the MADI HDSPe.

I work with Logic. My idea is routing each track to an each individual MADI out within Logic.
I would have another computer with other MADI interface receiving these 64 tracks.

But I would like to hear with my speaker a MIX of these 64 tracks while I'm composing.
I mean, I wouldn't like to activate the other computer for monitoring the MADI signal.

I don't know if I can Submix in the TOTALmix all of these MADI out signals to my Stereo at the same time.
That way, while I'm composing I can hear the signal and after that, I only would have to activate 64 tracks in the other computer.

Thank you very much for your time guys !!!

Best,
Jose

Re: The Stereo and MADI 64

Sure, the stereo analog output on the card receives the last pair in the HDSP Mixer (ch. 63 & 64 when operating at 44.1/48k). If you route all your playback to these channels you'll get a submix at the analog out. Of course, this would reduce the channels available for routing to the other computer by 2.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

But if I route all of this channels to the 63&64 in the HDSP mixer, does mean that I'm not sending 62 channels MADI to the other computer ???

Or each channel can be routing two places at the same time.
I mean, I don't want to be changing routing all the time. Once I finished composing, I would like to activate REC in the other computer and record 62 tracks.

Thanks for your patience  !!

Best,
Jose

josevillalobos wrote:

But if I route all of this channels to the 63&64 in the HDSP mixer, does mean that I'm not sending 62 channels MADI to the other computer ???

I mean, I don't want to be changing routing all the time. Once I finished composing, I would like to activate REC in the other computer and record 62 tracks.

Thanks for your patience  !!

Best,
Jose

Jose,

With totalmix you can route anything to anywhere! So you can set up a mix on outputs 63 and 64 using all of the other 62 channels. You can also set it up to send each channel (eg. 1 through 62) to anywhere you want them to go!

I found it helped to think about totalmix like a 64 x 64 matrix (press x for the matrix view). You have 64 freely assignable outputs.

So bottom line yes you can do what you want to do!

Hope this helps,
Isaac.

josevillalobos wrote:

You can route each channel to 64 places at a time.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yea, keep all of your 1:1 routings, but add some routings by using the submix view and selecting output bus 63/64.  Once that output is highlighted (or rather not dimmed) you can make a mix of all of your inputs and playback channels which plays out madi 63/64 and the analog output.  Since the analog output is unbalanced it might be wiser to go to your other computers madi card and route input 63/64 to your monitor outputs.  This way you would not have to switch anything.  When you are composing you hear your temp mix through madi out 63/64 of the arrange computer -> madi in 63/64 of the layback computer -> analog output from layback computer to studio monitors.  Then when you record you can listen to either depending on what you have selected in totalmix.

Thank you very much for all of the explanations. I really appreciate !
Now, it is totally clear. NO DOUBT !!!!!!!!!!!

Jose