Topic: madi loop connection issues

hi RME,

Sometimes i record with mics, but most of the time its samples manipulation.

ive been recording with the micstasy a lot , but i still have not connected the madi.

the reason is i don't know how to do it properly.

In a madi loop with madicard->648->micstasy 48khz/24bit->return to madi card...and 64 channels already going into the 648 from other 9652 places, i am at the limits and i am confused.

Currently i have the micstacy routed to an unused input on one of the 9652, and i use totalmix to route the audio into the madi system. If i connect the micstasy to the adat in the 648 im going to knock out 1/2 of the samplers 16 channels... so i want to use the madi conxn.

I know the micstasy has to be powered on to pass the madi signal thru it, and in doing so will take up 8 channels at this resolution, once again knocking out 1/2 of the samplers 16 channels.

Is there a way that i can make the micstasy invisible?  Such that it does utilise  up 8 madi chan? And allows only the 64 already used channels thruput? Then when its time to get the mics out, because the samplers have been bounced down, turn those 8 channels on?

I wonder if the matrix router in 648 is going to be any help to me?  But i cant see the solution.

Personally, my news is there is a lot to do with music composition, promotion, computer technician, marketing, mixing, mastering....endless list. I am very busy.

best regards to all  smile
johann.

Re: madi loop connection issues

the lack of replies bring me to the conclusion that there is not a solution available with my current setup so...
Lets change tact a little.
perhaps there is some more hardware required?
madi bridge looks like overkill if indeed it has this functionality.
What can i purchase to stop manually swapping cabling all the time? is there a madi thru box> some kind of repeater device perhaps from computer networking gear? Any suggestions welcomed

now im starting to develop a psychological complex ..
doesn't anyone want to chat to me?

cant type Jeff?
whats happened daniel?
suffering from alzheimers Matthias?
Have i unwittingly offended you Knut?
LOL
no prizes for guessing whois having a few beers tonight smile
Best Regards.

"If i connect the micstasy to the adat in the 648 im going to knock out 1/2 of the samplers 16 channels... "

I don't understand this. And the whole setup is not clear to me after having read your first posting.

I guess it's necessary to explain your setup more detailed, step by step.

However, I'm only experienced with 648, MADIface and MADI PCI(e) card. Not really with the micstasy.

Regards,
Ulrich

There is no full through mode in the Micstasy, it will always replace one 8-channel block. So there is no solution other than changing cables.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME