Topic: Laptop stops booting after madiface firmware update

Hi,

I think I've got a serious problem with my madiface:

I updated the firmware to 11 (currently downloadable).

Now the laptop won't boot completely, it stops somwhere after the "Microsoft Windows XP" logo appears with the "status bar" below.

I removed the old driver completely (with madiface outside), but with madiface inside the slot the machine still doesn't boot anymore properly. Windows safe mode doesn't help.

What to do now...?

Looking very much forward to an answer,
Ulrich

Re: Laptop stops booting after madiface firmware update

Hi Ulrich,
What does XP do if you hotplug the MADIface - unplug during boot, plug in after XP booted? Did you switch off any PCIe-Powersave-Modes in your BIOS?
Max

Thanks for the hint. Yes, hotplugging helped and I could finally install the driver.

Afterwards, booting is still sometimes affected by the madiface: the only safe way to boot is without the madiface. Is this the normal behaviour?

Ulrich

I would really recommend a BIOS update and a close look at the BIOS settings of your notebook. I've never had a problem to boot a notebook with MADIface plugged in. If this still doesn't help, please post the manufacturer and model of your notebook, and try to find out when the notebook boots and when it hangs (for example, battery powered or not).

Max

Thanks for the hints. I will try to investigate more about this.
The laptop in question is a Dell Inspiron, CoreDuo processor (not Core2Duo), two or three years old I guess.
Anyway I am looking for a new one, so I may have different problems then...

Regards,
Ulrich