Topic: 9632 not working on Debian

I've spent the last 48 hours trying to get a 9632 working on Debian / Voyage Linux but no luck. I've seen a number of instructions all over the place and none seem to work. I'd love any help someone can provide.

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

Re: 9632 not working on Debian

While I'm afraid I can't help directly, more details about what exactly doesn't work would be helpful for those who may be able to help you...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Try unmuting the channels in amixer.

Hi Guys - Thanks for the replies. I was pretty burned out when I posted the first comments. My issues are plenty, but a couple big ones. First I have no sound even though I can change the sample rate in AlsaMixer and see it change on my DAC. At lest I know there is communication. I also have the driver and firmware loaded as hdsploader sees the card as does every other tool. I can't get sound with Aplay when I supply the simplest commands to play music. No errors pop up and it appears to play, but no audio.

Unmuting the outputs is something that has frustrated me. I see no option in amixer to unmute the coax S/PDIF output. It doesn't even look like there are any volume settings other than line out. I've tried a few amixer scontrols type commands but nothing works with volume or umute. If someone can supply an unmute command that has worked for them I can reverse engineer it for my specific situation.

The other, less important issue is playing different sample rates. My music is everything from 16/44.1 to 24/192. So far the card will only output the exact sample rate that's set in alsamixer. I need the card to change sample rates on the fly as I switch tracks. Maybe my first issue will make this one moot.

I've tried many different versions of Alsa from ...17 to ...21 but have not luck. I'm more than willing to do the work if someone can give me a tiny ray of light to go after. Thanks everyone.

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

5 (edited by Computer Audiophile 2009-12-20 07:07:42)

Hi Guys - I at least have bit transparent sound now at 16/44.1. Here are the two configuration changes I needed to make.

amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 16,8,32768
amixer -c 0 cset numid=5 17,9,32768

Now I'm on to test all sample rates.

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

OK I have every sample rate from 16/44.1 to 24/192 working. Now I want to get the card to switch sample rates automatically when I switch music that has a different sample rate. I'm using the internal clock so I'm guessing this should be possible.

Anyone know?

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile