Topic: Fireface 400 hicups/clicks/dropouts in Windows 7 x64 - help
I had been using my FF400 successfully for almost an year under Windows Vista x64.
Today I moved on to Win7 x64 and had a hell of a day trying to get the Fireface 400 to work as smooth as it was under Vista, with no luck.
I'm getting clicks and dropouts with playback. I didn't even get into recording, I couldn't even pass listening to an mp3 file without these issues.
It happens in one of 3 ways:
- 3 Clicks/beeps spaced evenly and shortly one after the other (as if it were a single click with a feedback of 2 echoes)
- a short dropout/moment of silence (few ms)
- a duck in volume when another app (like an IM receiving msg) plays a sound. As if it had a master compression that lowered the mp3 song playing to 'make room' for the IM sound.
I've tried the following already:
- installed the latest FF400 driver and firmware
- updated Win7 til the latest patches
- setting windows for performance (no aero or anything)
- changing to the FW legacy driver (went back and forth with the different drivers a few times)
- different buffers (from 256 to 1024 samples)
- different rates (44, 48, 96)
- enabling/disable "Allow applications to take exclusive control..." on the playback settings of windows sound properties.
- installing/reinstalling latest and previous NVidia Geforce drivers for the 9800GT
- disabling write cache on the hard drives
- setting all power options to performance (never turn off anything)
- disabling Realtek HD audio (on board sound)
- MSI P35 Platinum Combo motherboard
- Quadcore @ 3.0ghz
- 8gb ram ddr2
- Nvidia Gforce GT9800
Help would be greatly appreciated, as right now I don't know what else to do.
I'm kinda bummed out that everything worked nicely in Vista, an OS most people badmouthed, and yet doesn't work on Windows "the miracle" 7.
Anything I might have overlooked?
If I need to supply any other info just let me know and I'll reply ASAP.
Thank you for your time.