Topic: If you use Cubase 5 & Fireface 400...cannot get more than 1 Stereo Out

If you use this combination, I would greatly appreciate a preset file for both the Fireface 400 AND Cubase 5, that enables multi-tracking.
I cannot for the life of me get any sound out of anything more than one Stereo Out in Cubase.
Hence, I cannot do multi-tracking at present.
I have activated multiple busses is Cubase, so that is not the issue.
I have read the Fireface 400 manual, but it is just not sinking in. I have also searched the forum here as well as at Cubase.net, but have had no joy.
If I could just open 2 preset files, that would enable multi-tracking, I'm certain I could understand it better.

Many thanks,
Adam

Re: If you use Cubase 5 & Fireface 400...cannot get more than 1 Stereo Out

There isn't really any "file" that will help... Activating channels and creating busses is what you need to do. 
Maybe this would be a subject for a Cubase user forum...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

There isn't really any "file" that will help... Activating channels and creating busses is what you need to do. 
Maybe this would be a subject for a Cubase user forum...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have activated the channels and busses in Cubase.
There are at least 4 busses active.
But selecting Stereo Out 2 or higher gives silence.

are you sure the levels of the corresponding channels for the output busses are raised in RME's TotalMix? Are you using Direct Monitoring in Cubase?

si wrote:

are you sure the levels of the corresponding channels for the output busses are raised in RME's TotalMix? Are you using Direct Monitoring in Cubase?

Direct Monitoring is indeed selected in Cubase.
I raise all the software channels in the mixer for the Fireface to 0dB.
All the sound only comes out of the 1 stereo channel in the Fireface mixer, however.
There is just dead silence and nothing showing in the Fireface meters if I select any other Stereo Out bus when in Cubase.

maybe try disabling Control Room in Cubase...?