Topic: new vista install. loaded fireface drivers not working..

Hello. Ive been running fireface 800 for 3 years now without a glitchh until i just upaded to vista ..(makes me mad at vista) but  Well ive installed my firewire 800 card . updated drivers.. pluged in . installed fireface drivers acording to pdf..
the weirdest thing, the host lite on the fireface never changed..
the rme and mixer icon are in the quick launch, but they dont do anything when i click on them , they just stay there , nothing opens further..

anyone can help with this problem.????

Re: new vista install. loaded fireface drivers not working..

Description:
  Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 31.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    PnPDeviceProblemCode
  Architecture:    x86
  Hardware Id:    UB1394\A35&1
  Setup class GUID:    {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
  PnP problem code:    0000001F
  Driver name:    fireface.sys
  Driver version:    2.9.5.0
  Driver date:    01-30-2009
  OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033

Firewire 800 is not supported in Vista. Do you have a Firewire 400 card?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

this is truly unlivable. dam Microsoft hating on a worldwide standard..
Well i don't know whats hat , but i did find a driver, i installed the siig firewire 80 card , its updated for vista.. everything connects fine, my main problem is there is no multimedia audio controller found...

no wi know fireface800 deosnt work that way , im going to download and install the drivers for the onboard soundcard , maybe it needs something from there to work properly.
any suggestions.????

here are the drivers for firewire800 in vista..

http://www.unibrain.com/unibrain/profile.htm

These unibrain drivers are only for harddrives, they are not compatible with audio or video devices.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

sorry Jeff, what do you mean with "Firewire 800 is not supported in Vista"?

I switched from XP (acer notebook) to Vista (hp notebook) and I'm using the same FF800 with no problem at all.
My only suggestion could be to re-write the driver installation procedures, as the XP related ones do not seem to work with Vista, but I'm basically an analog guy, so I dare not say anything more in this field sad

Jeff's post says "Firewire 800"... not Fireface 800. He's referring the type of Firewire cable/connector i think.