Topic: Fireface 800 not detected - red Host light lit

Hi there,

I just got a second Fireface 800. I unplugged my old one and plugged this one in its place to make sure it works. The red host light lights up and my Mac Pro does not see it on the firewire bus at all. I've unsuccessfully tried both FW 400 and 800 ports on my Mac and I've tried plugging into my Windows PC's FW 400 port with the same results.

My previous Fireface 800 works flawlessly when plugged in the same way. Is there anything I can reset or something to get this unit to work, or am I looking at a repair?

Thanks,
Warren

Re: Fireface 800 not detected - red Host light lit

+1

Has anyone resolved this or know of posts dealing with similar problems?

I'm having the same issue however I've arrived at it differently than Warren has.  My host light remains red and my Vista 64 bit machine refuses to recognize it.  I brought in another Fireface 800 and plugged it into my machine and it worked just fine. I tried plugging my 800 into another computer and that computer would not recognize it either.

I have not tried using the 9-pin Firewire cables to connect the FF to the computer yet.  My company is ordering me an adapter to be able to do that. It seems right now, that the Firewire 400 port on the Fireface is burnt out.  The fact that another Fireface 800 plugged into my machine works just fine leads me to believe its the hardware and not a software issue.

Re: Fireface 800 not detected - red Host light lit

I got a reply to my email to RME support. They suggest sending the unit in.

Hope you're covered by warranty!

Warren