Topic: FFUC, MS processing & DC issues

Hello,

I used to record an overall choral concert in a church using my FFUC, into which I plugged an MS mics pair (Ch1,2) along with another standard AB pair
I made an appropriate decoding toward the phones output for my monitoring, while I used to record those raw inputs channels with Digicheck set in "FFUC inputs" source cool
Could you confirm that my recorded digital channels are not decoded while taken throughout DC, hence the MS processing only applied to the headphone hardware channels, according to what explained in the manual?

the reason for my question is due to the audience noise that makes the doubt in a reverberant environment when further listening to non focused sound sources (the localization of the singers registers becomes weaker  hmm )
In another term, is there any risk to record unexpected MS decoded channels from "inputs" source ?
If definitively no, I presume that to do so is performed by applying that headphone submix (Ch1,2 only ...) with Totalmix embedded looback to get it now as an MS decoded extra input channels
Am I right or ?

All the best

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II

Re: FFUC, MS processing & DC issues

Input channels are recorded without decoding (the signal doesn't even pass through the mixer).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: FFUC, MS processing & DC issues

Hi,

can you check if MS channels is ok alone, if yes
maybe phaze issue with AB pair or when mixed togheter !?
Why I'm asking is if weak signal or strange bass then I suspect phaze first.

regards S-EH