Topic: Red Host Light Comes on when changing outputs or loading project

Hi,

I have just swapped out my harddrive and put a clean install of XP and SP3 on my laptop but now I'm having lots of problems with the red host light coming on when I change outputs in FLStudio and some times just when I load a project.  I have also tested a little but in Sonar PE 7.2 and after swapping between projects a couple of times the red light will come on.  I aslo use Reaper and this seems the most stable out of all the applications I've been using.

Before the rebuild the laptop was rock solid.

I'm running out of ideas?

Re: Red Host Light Comes on when changing outputs or loading project

At first I thought the only way to ge the fireface back was to restart the machine I've I've found that if disable the IEEE 1394 Host Controller and then enable it again the red host light goes off.

Hi,

turn off/on FF800/400 should also work no !?

regards S-EH

One of the first things I tried was to turn the Fireface 400 off then on again but after the Red Host light comes on doing this has no effect and either a reboot or to disable or enable the drivers is the only way to get the fireface back.

At first I thought the only way to ge the fireface back was to restart the machine I've I've found that if disable the IEEE 1394 Host Controller and then enable it again the red host light goes off.

Then if reset the firewire bus will do the trick maybe it's possible to implement this in RME software !?

regards S-EH

In the moment the red light turns on the FW bus IS reset. This system has a serious problem, which is obviously not related to our driver as everything worked perfectly before. He just has to find out what is different. For example maybe he forgot to update the chipset driver, the FW interface driver, or something different needed for that notebook. Or he used a different FW cable. Only he can know.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

In the moment the red light turns on the FW bus IS reset. This system has a serious problem, which is obviously not related to our driver as everything worked perfectly before. He just has to find out what is different. For example maybe he forgot to update the chipset driver, the FW interface driver, or something different needed for that notebook. Or he used a different FW cable. Only he can know.

Is this something I can check in Windows XP?

I still have the old drive which I can put back in to the machine and check versions of things but can you point me in the right direction?

I have been and updated the chipset drivers for the motherboard with the latest from Intel and I'm still seeing the problem.

I've also put the old harddrive back in and its worked perfectly again. The RME drivers that are install are the 2.7.4.0 is there some where I can down load these and try them with my laptop?

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/ffwin274.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias I'll give this a test after the weekend.  I'm recording a band all weekend and I've had to swap back to my old hard drive until I'm sure everything is working OK.