Topic: FF400 PC-sound control

Hi all,
I cant control the output of my PC over my FF400. Winamp, Browsersounds etc are enormous loud. thx for help.
B

Re: FF400 PC-sound control

Where and how are you trying to control it?

Please provide more details regarding your setup and your problem.

I would love to have an own channel for PC sounds. the only way to control eg winamp is to put down the volume really down in winamp or putting down the output channels in the FF mixer.
my setup is a 2 GH PC Laptop, FF 400, Live 8.1.1, APC 40, NI Machine

As I don't exactly know what you want and what you already know, let me start at the beginning:

1.: You can set the output of your system sounds to any software output on the FF400.
2.: You can control the level and routing of every software out (middle row) to any physical output (bottom row) of the FF400 using TotalMix.
3.: So if you set your system sounds to a different software out than your DAW software, which is even neccessary for multi-client operation (see manual), you can control levels independantly.
4.: If you want to control winamp and system sounds independantly in TotalMix you can change the output of winamp to a different software out of the FF400 using the winamp preferences (I further recommend the ASIO output plugin for winamp and/or foobar2k).

I hope this helps a bit.
For some more information about TotalMix there are some helpful videos (I don't have a link right know).

thanks so much, sounds good and I gonna try that later.