Topic: FF400+iChat & Skype

Hey there folks I got a couple things I wanted to get some input on...
Ever since I got my FF400 whenever I use iChat I cannot get the sound in stereo, when I use the internal speakers on my MacBook it comes in Stereo (both speakers work) but since I got the FF400 only the left speaker works! 

Also every since I updated to FF Mixer 2.64 Skype does not work properly, I can hear them but they can't hear me.

Can anybody help with this??

thanks

Re: FF400+iChat & Skype

SolChild wrote:

Hey there folks I got a couple things I wanted to get some input on...
Ever since I got my FF400 whenever I use iChat I cannot get the sound in stereo, when I use the internal speakers on my MacBook it comes in Stereo (both speakers work) but since I got the FF400 only the left speaker works!

More details, please. What exactly does the FF mixer show?

Also every since I updated to FF Mixer 2.64 Skype does not work properly, I can hear them but they can't hear me.

Again, more details, please. Have you connected a microphone to the FF? Does the signal show up in Skype when testing?

Regards
Daniel fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

okay....thanks.....in iChat the FF mixer shows only one channel with audio but it should be 2 and in Skype the weirdest thing happens....the analog input mic/line 1 input fader in FF Settings moves by itself to full volume and as soon as I disconnect from the Skype video/audio chat it goes back to 0.  Weird right?  I've never plugged in a mic to use with Skype I've always used the built in mic on my MacBook and used the output of the FF400 without any problems until I updated to 2.64.

Also I am running Snow Leopard.  hope that helps.

thanks in advance.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6534

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME