1 (edited by peterlemer 2010-01-18 12:25:14)

Topic: Sync with Logic 8

Intel Mac 2.66 dual
5Gb
RME FF 800 rev. 2.47
FF Settings 2.62a

I tried to create a new project recording at 96000 for the first time.
I set the project rate and RME Fireface settings accordingly, but the MIDI click I created ran slower than the bpm and continued running for a while after STOP.

I solved it by re-setting Logic Audio prefs - the only way I know to do this is to switch Audio prefs I/O Buffer Size.

It seems L8 won't play properly if I switch the frequencies of both the Project and the interface until I reset these prefs. somehow. IOW a 3-stage process.

Is this documented somewhere?

According to one LUGger: "Switching Sample Rates in Logic with either my Metric Halo 2882 or ULN 8 in use, the MH Console software used to control the Hardware switches them to whatever sample rate I selected without any trouble. With RME, well, I got it to work but it seemed to have a few hiccups"

Any ideas?

cheers

pete

Re: Sync with Logic 8

In driver 2.63 the system-wide sample rate can now be set within the Settings dialog. The latest version is 2.65.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

>In driver 2.63 the system-wide sample rate can now be set within the Settings dialog. The latest version is 2.65.

on the downloads page the latest Intel (pre-OS10.6) version is 2.62a.

I can't see a 2.63 or 2.65.

Where can I download 2.65, alternatively is the 2.64a for OS6 also good for OS 10.5?

Sorry I forgot to mention I am OS 10.5.

pete

The download page clearly says that 2.64a is compatible to 10.5.

2.65 is available through this forum, the topic at the top.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME