1 (edited by sparty 2010-01-30 03:36:59)

Topic: For those of you using a repeater cable...

I stumbled in here researching the Fireface products because of the horrible problems I've been having with my Mackie Onyx 400f and Mac Mini- clicking and popping. Sure enough, I have the troublesome Lucent chipset that seems to be causing all of you problems with your RME devices.

My question for you is this: Is there something about this repeater cable that is a fix SPECIFIC to RME firewire devices, or is it a fix for ALL firewire audio devices connecting to that problematic chipset? I would love to solve this problem without having to spend another $1200!

Thanks a lot!

Andy

Re: For those of you using a repeater cable...

Most likely you will have to find out yourself. The repeater cable isn't too expensive and it's a good investment anyway (+5m Firewire length when you need it).

I am not having any problems with the Mac identifying my unit. My issue is crackling and popping in the audio. Is the repeater cable a fix for the latter or the former? I don't imagine it fixes both.

It's a fix for the red host light turning on with no audio (or extremely broken) when you try to do any audio playback/recording (not when connecting, setting up or using Midi).