Topic: Firefice 400 - Volume Knob Problem

Starting some time ago Volume Knob hangs on 1 channel (Phones L) and refuse to change. By the way is it possible to link faders on volume knob?
It?s probably my stupid errorr, I must overlooked something...
Michal

My config: Fireface 400 (firmw. 170), latest driver (January 2010), Win XP CZ SP3 (patched), Core Duo, 2 GB RAM etc.

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

Re: Firefice 400 - Volume Knob Problem

Can't you switch between Level and Channel adjustment (pushing the knob) or from channel to channel (turning the knob)?

You can switch between mono and stereo linked mode by pushing the knob for some seconds while in channel mode.
Linking of more than a stereo pair can be done with TotalMix and controlled with the knob afterwards.

Thanks, viper. I can?t switch between channels AND link pairs. All I can do is control Phones L :-(.
BTW: Yesterday I reflashed Fireface 400 (1.70 again), removed driver and done fresh new installation of latest driver. All steps with appropriate restarts and reboots (I repeteadly switch off the comp completly.). No change, knob is "frozen" on Phones L.
Maybe hardware failure (knob)?
Michal

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik

Hi,

don't know if this is the case here
but try pull/drag the knob slightly outwards a tiny bit
and see if it helps !

regards S-EH

Try loading Preset 1 in Totalmix and then flash the Totalmix settings into the FF. That may reset some stuck settings inside the FF.

S-E Hansson wrote:

Hi,

don't know if this is the case here
but try pull/drag the knob slightly outwards a tiny bit
and see if it helps !

regards S-EH

I'm pretty sure thats exactly what he needs to do - I had the same problem some time ago...

7 (edited by misko 2010-02-06 14:39:35)

Hurrah! Knob was mechanically blocked... Thanks to both you, Viper and S-E H.! How simple, dear Watson (silly me).
Michal

EDIT: Another simple hint from Mathias C. himself: some years ago I have had problems with Digi32PRO PCI card. Stuttering, horrible distorted audio etc. Two absolute same comps with same cards, one error freee and second not working. Mathias recommanded to clean small blades /golden contacts for PCI slot/ on card by ordinary india-rubber/eraser. Bingo. Card was moved to different PC and some dust was transfered too... I love such simple, efficient solutions best :-). M.

---
Michal Skopik
audioarchivist
Straznice/Czech Republik