Topic: Can I hook up and ADI-8 to a FF800 through the ADAT?

I need 8 extra outs for my ff800.  If I had an ADI-8, can I go through the Adat optical and use all 8 channels at 96k through the FF800?  I would really like to know because my friend has an old Adi-8 that he might trade me if this works.  Obviously I know I would have to run the FF800 at 96k too, which is fine.

Thanks

Re: Can I hook up and ADI-8 to a FF800 through the ADAT?

If you have the ADI-8 DS, yes, of course. You'll need to hook up 2 lightpipe cables in each direction (in/out) to carry 8 channels at 96 kHz.

The older ADI-8 Pro is only capable of 44.1/48 kHz operation.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks-     Is the older Synthax ADI-8 the same converters as the Rme adi-8?    Are the 96k steinberg AdI-8 gonna have the same DA as the RME ff800 or adi8?    I noticed you're with synthax, thats why I ask. smile

The Synthax labelled device is the same as the ADI-8 DS, which is also identical to the Steinberg unit.
FF800 has different converters.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

5 (edited by Bubbakron 2010-02-10 20:19:27)

Interesting!!!!!!!!!      last question-   If I hook up a 2 channel ad converter through the SPDIF digital coaxial input on the FF800 at 192khz, will the 192 khz signal be processed ???     Just wondering if I take one of these - http://www.vintageking.com/Mytek-Digita … Series-ADC       -   spdif out to the ff800 spdif in!?!?!!?

Thanks , I really appreciate the help on this one!!!!!

The Fireface would need to be running at 192 kHz (which deactivates the ADAT ports) to accept 192 kHz at the SPDIF in. But yes, it can work with the Mytek.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.