1 (edited by Black Label 2010-02-11 00:01:38)

Topic: Firewire 800 - Recording Playback volume very low...

I am recording vocals with firewire 800, Sonar 6.2, And Windows XP.

I am getting a strong signal for the vocal recording, but the recorded audio track and the playback of the specific track is very low.

Does anyone understand why this may be happening?

Black Label

Re: Firewire 800 - Recording Playback volume very low...

are you shure that Mixer from fireface has good settings ? use a plugin a produce an 1khz tone ? high level and check in the FF mixer how it works.

Thanks Grag...You  were correct with the mix settings.

I spent a couple of hours last night understanding the total mix's capabilities. I am recording vocal tracks with strong signal input and playback....The total mix is an awesome diverse tool once learned.

Considering total mix: Do you see it neccessary or beneficial to be running through a physical external mixing board before fireface 800 for other studio purposes? Or should I be recording straight in to the fireface 800?
Thanks...BL

Black Label wrote:

neccessary or beneficial to be running through a physical external mixing board before fireface 800 for other studio purposes? Or should I be recording straight in to the fireface 800?

IMHO I very rarely use a mixer nowadays. What should it be good for? OK, if you have a superb console the sound quality of the mic pres might be better... But who has such a thing... Well, maybe you like the sound of your console better - who knows?

Of course, if you need to record more channels than the FF can take, you'll need some sort of mixer to sum signals before they hit the FF...

DC rules!

Laex...
I appreciate your feedback on that.....That was my thinking as well, but I wanted anothers confirmation of that.
Thanks, BL