Topic: SPDIF Out - No Sound

Cubase/FF800 SPDIF out feeds a Lavry DA-10 D/A convertor which feeds a Central Station to my Monitors... Yesterday was listening back getting ready to track an acoustic gtr part and all was working fine.. Switched monitors off on the Cnetral Station to track with cans, finished tracking and switched mons back on. No sound.

TotalMix shows signal at the SPDIF outs, Cubase Master shows signal.. Switched SPDIF cables - no change. Switched to analog output pair into the same inputs of the Central Station and got signal. So either it's the FF SPDIF out OR the Lavry quit working.

Just wanted to see if there's anything else I can check first before contacting Lavry. If totalmix is showing OP signal, that means it's sending, correct? I don't have ano digital device to connect the FF SPDIF OP to, to check it that way..

Thanks for looking!

SC

FF800, i7 970, 12GB Ram, Win 7 64, Cubase 5, WaveLab 7

Re: SPDIF Out - No Sound

You have - the FF itself. Cable loopback in clock mode master and DIGICheck to analyse the digital input signal...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Suppose that's right! I'll give it a go - Thanks Matthias... I highly suspect it'll work but I can't try it til Wednesday - out of town for a few days..

Solved - How, I'm not sure... Got to the studio today, reconnected the system the way it was originally and powered up everything.. Fired up Cubase & it worked as expected thru the Lavry.. Odd..

Maybe not solved.. Yesterday during playback, I lost sound from the Spdif output again. Also, the FF lost sync to the A2D Spdif input signal.. I was tracking thru an OB pre/comp/eq chain going through the A2D converters out via Spdif to the FF Spdif in's.. Worked as expected, AutoSync on and FF as Slave to the A2D. FF Spdif Out to the Lavry DA-10.. Finished a few takes and we were listening back and lost sound again. Total Mix showed signal on the Spdif outs but no sound. I hit stop and looked at the FF control Panel and saw that it was now set as Master though nothing was changed.. Exited Cubase and shut down the PC and the FF.. Powered up and restarted the PC.. After boot the FF was still set with AutoSync On but as Master.. No input signal present in TotalMix on the Spdif in's but plenty showing in the A2D meter.. Tried the loop back that Matthias suggested but no luck.. TotalMix shows Spdif out signal, but none on the input side..

I'm in the US - is Synthax who I need to get in touch with?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks - SC