1 (edited by skiltrip 2010-02-18 14:52:41)

Topic: ADI-2 "mismatch" with M-Audio 410

I have my ADI-2 hooked up via SPDIF in and out to my M-Audio 410, using with Pro Tools 8.

When I boot my PC, often (but not every single time).... I'll launch Pro Tools 8.  It opens but with no control over the software or abilty to open a session.  This instantly tells me that it seems the M-Audio 410, but that there is a problem with the matching/lock between the ADI-2 and 410. 

So I open the M-Audio control panel.  And it says "Mismatch" in red.  It'll be set to 44.1 and 256 buffer.   Now, my 410 is set to slave to the ADI-2, and the ADI-2 is set to 44.1 via Coax.   Now... to get rid of the "Mismatch" red indicator, here's what I do...  In the M-Audio control panel.  I change the 44.1 to 48.  Then I change it back to 44.1 and the red "Mismatch" indicator turns to a green "Locked" indicator and everything is fine.

From this description, does anyone know what is happening here?  If you have other questions, or what more info about my gear or setup, just let me know.  Thanks.

Re: ADI-2 "mismatch" with M-Audio 410

Hi,

Based on your explanation I don't think the problem is on the RME side of things.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by skiltrip 2010-02-18 19:38:37)

Re: ADI-2 "mismatch" with M-Audio 410

Jeff wrote:

Hi,

Based on your explanation I don't think the problem is on the RME side of things.

I don't either.  Just wanted to post here in case anyone had any ideas.  I just ordered an M-Audio ProFire 610.  I'll try out the same scenarios with that and see if that particular problem goes away.   

I wish Pro Tools would just smash the barriers and let us use RME interfaces with it.  I'd have a Fireface up and running in a heartbeat over this sketchy M-Audio stuff.

Kip