Topic: Firewire issue affecting all the Dell Core Duo notebooks

I can't tell you the frustration I have had with the firewire port on my Inspiron 1520.  I'm trying to use the firewire port but it is causing mulitiple problems.  I thought I was going crazy until I caught this thread on the internet.  Dell obviously knows there's a problem but refuses to do anything about it.  I can't tell you how fed up I am with Dell, spending my day trying to figure out and troubleshoot the multitude of problems I have with this laptop instead of recording music.  This is the thread:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthr … mp;page=57

If anyone knows a work around I'd really appreciate some help.  I know I will get none from Dell.

Dave

Re: Firewire issue affecting all the Dell Core Duo notebooks

Come on guys- anyone?  I know people on this forum have had similar problems with dell laptops.

3 (edited by jcschild 2010-02-23 15:19:12)

unfortunately there are no good answers. if you read that thread (very long) you haved tired the disabling the optical etc.
the only answer is buy a FF UC. it should work ok as long as the DPC is low enough
or buy a known to work for audio laptop.

there was a thread where one guy claimed to have it working, i could not find it.
Scott
ADK

Thanks a lot for the reply Scott.  If anyone knows of that thread I would really appreciate if someone passed it along.  I have no idea what to do here. I have spent a lot of money on RME products and I really would have hoped Mattias or someone from RME would have jumped in to help here.

Dave

Dude its not the RME is your laptop lets be clear here.
if the RME wont work nothing will (unless you go USB)

Scott
ADK