Topic: Monitoring FFUC balanced or not?

What would be the best way to connect FFUC to bi-amplified studio monitors?
The monitors offer combo XLR - 1/4" connectors which accept balanced or unbalanced sources.  My two options are using outputs 1&2 for balanced connectivity or outputs 7/8 for unbalanced connection.  What would you recommend?  7/8 seems more convenient to use, but would there be any loss in quality when using unbalanced cables that are 10ft long?

Thanks!

Re: Monitoring FFUC balanced or not?

vigor wrote:

The monitors offer combo XLR - 1/4" connectors which accept balanced or unbalanced sources.  My two options are using outputs 1&2 for balanced connectivity or outputs 7/8 for unbalanced connection.  What would you recommend?  7/8 seems more convenient to use, but would there be any loss in quality when using unbalanced cables that are 10ft long?

Thanks!

Hey there,
Possibly yes. In reality probably not! The UC will automatically make the signal the same level between balanced and unbalanced.

Balanced is better but may not be needed. Best thing is to try both and see what works best for you!

Isaac.

Re: Monitoring FFUC balanced or not?

isaac wrote:
vigor wrote:

Thanks!

Hey there,
Possibly yes. In reality probably not! The UC will automatically make the signal the same level between balanced and unbalanced.

Balanced is better but may not be needed. Best thing is to try both and see what works best for you!

Isaac.

Also if you use 7/8 you will need a cable that goes from  1 TRS jack to 2 x TS jacks. I'm using this on my multiface into my Dyn Audios without any dramas.

Isaac.