1 (edited by HelloMellow 2010-02-11 21:44:27)

Topic: Fireface 800 Multi-client problem

I've had my FF800 for 2 months now and still haven't managed to fix my problem.

I can't listen to sound from two sources at the same time. For example: When im on ventrilo and try to join a game the sounds from ventrilo stops, if im in my browser and watching a youtube video i cant listen to music in winamp without closing my browser first. And if i close my browser, get sound from winamp and open my browser again, no sounds is coming from my browser hmm

Sometimes the sound just stops while I'm playing a game for instance, without any other programs running. (same with video and VLC media player)

I asked around on the forums but I stoped getting answers so this is really freaking me out! I paid ALOT of money on a soundcard I can't get to work.
Please help me.

I've tried to route the different programs to different outputs etc. but that doesn't work.
I've tried to change my Firewire drivers but that doesn't work either.
I've disabled my system sounds.

I'm running Windows7 x64 Ultimate.

MAINBOARD:     Asus P5K WS (LGA775)
            Intel P35/G33/G31 Chipset

RAM:             3Gb Dual Channel DDR2 @ 400Mhz

Graphic Card:    Geforce 8600GT

Soundcard(s):    FF800 and it also says "High Definition Audio Device" But I don't know if that's another soundcard? Either way, I have disabled that one...

The problems are on different programs. The problem when it comes to dropping out is mostly when i play games and watch movies in VLC media player on my computer.

If you need any other info please ask me.

Hope some of you have any good ideas or have experienced the same problems.

Re: Fireface 800 Multi-client problem

Im using firewire 400 btw. can it be the cable? should i try to switch to a fw800?

Hi,

simply use different playback channels in different apps at the same time
meaning
app 1. is using playback ch. 1 & 2 turn off other ch. if needed
app 2. is using playback ch. 3 & 4 turn off 1 & 2 and more if needed
app 3. is using playback ch. 5 & 6 turn off 1 & 2, 3 & 4 and more if needed

now route in Fireface Mixer apps playback channels to exampel Phones, SPDIF or other Out
channel you like to monitoring, try it

regards S-EH

4 (edited by HelloMellow 2010-02-20 20:13:40)

I have ofcourse done that to tongue
But what do you mean with "Turn of channels not needed"? Why do I have to turn off channels that i don't use?

by restricting app 1. to only use playback ch 1&2
then other channels is free to be used in other apps
my understanding how ASIO Multiclient works
but I can be wrong :-)

regards S-EH

Yes, everything is routed to different channels, but some things still don't work. Like, I can't talk with my friends on "ventrilo" while playing a game hmm Can't hear what they are saying sad

just asking,

Have you restricted recording channels the same as with playback channels
in the apps you use, meaning not using same channels in different apps at the same time!?

hope you get this sorted.

regards S-EH

8 (edited by HelloMellow 2010-02-22 14:51:48)

Yes I think I have done that to. Now I also disabled all the Inputs/outputs I don't use. I think it's weird why it still isn't working sad

In Ventrilo i get this error msg "Failed to open input device. Another program might have it open already. rc = -1" even if I dont have any other programs using the mic.

Why arent there any support that can use remote desktop to fix problems? tongue Or teamviewer!

Hi,
YOU don't mention what OS you are using.
I use my FF800 all the time with Ventrilo and games as well as audio and video software,
I'm on Vista 64 and Win 7 64 though.
Kinda funny when you get to use a recording micro phone in Vent.
We use Team viewer for all our remote support. Best option out there. Not sure why more audio hardware and software companies don't use it.
It saves so much time in support calls.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Ludwig | ADK Pro Audio
www.adkproaudio.com
https://www.facebook.com/adkmg

ChrisADK wrote:

Hi,
YOU don't mention what OS you are using.
I use my FF800 all the time with Ventrilo and games as well as audio and video software,
I'm on Vista 64 and Win 7 64 though.
Kinda funny when you get to use a recording micro phone in Vent.
We use Team viewer for all our remote support. Best option out there. Not sure why more audio hardware and software companies don't use it.
It saves so much time in support calls.

Thanks
Chris

It says what OS im running: "I'm running Windows7 x64 Ultimate."
Well if you care to help me it would be great cus im getting tired of not getting this to work hmm
I have teamviewer so you could acces my computer and maybe have a look around and look at my settings?
When im in ventrilo i have to either have the sound from VT OR the game im playing, and if i want to speak to my teammates i have to alt+tab tongue

12 (edited by ChrisADK 2010-02-25 22:19:22)

Hi,
Ok Here are the setting I use under Windows 7 64 bit.
Make sure you have the general windows system sounds disabled sense they will screw with both Vent and the game if active.

Ventrilo 64 bit client version 3.05
Ventrilo Settings

Fireface 800 driver 2.9992 FW 2.77
Fireface Setting

Right click on the links to save them.

This works with the games I play and works with Itunes and WMP playing.
Limitations are you have to use the default Windows output. I use headphones for Ventrilo and listen to the game in the head phones when doing this so it works for me fine this way.

Hopefully this works for you.

Thanks Chris

www.adkproaudio.com

The files arent ther sad I couldn't open them. I tried to save them to but it was nothing to see...
What do you mean by using windows default output?

Hi,
Ah OK Try this zip file link instead.
http://www.adkproaudio.com/downloads/ventsettings.zip
I will email you the zip file also.

Windows default as in the output that windows is set to use in Control Panel/Sound/Playback.
Thanks Chris

www.adkproaudio.com

It seems like my mic isn't working with different programs. It works in my DAW, but when i try to use it in Camtasia or skype it will not work sad

16 (edited by kalimist 2010-03-03 19:25:33)

i got the the same problem on FF400, windows xp.. if i want to open winamp simultansly with cubase i get the same error message

Camtasia and Skype only see the first one or two channels of any interface. Your mic inputs are on channels 7-10, so you need to route the signal to OUT 1 +2 then turn on internal loopback in the mixer to make the signal appear at inputs 1 & 2. Loopback is explained in the manual.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.