Topic: Nuendo, Fireface 800, Win 7 - CPU goes to idle when hitting solo

Hi.

I've been using Nuendo and firewire and Nuendo for ages and been pretty satsified, but recently I swapped to win 7 64 bit and things have changed.
I use Nuendo 4 32 bit and everything work as a charm exept, when I hit solo in my host and cpu slowly goes to 80 percent and jumping causing major crackles.

When not in solo, I am able to have lots of plugs and everything works smooth. I can even run the machine on 48 samples wih several heavy plugs, but If I work in any buffersize and hit solo everything changes. This includes 1024.

I am sure it has to do with the drivers in some way.

While I am it, why won't RME create drivers with higher buffersizes like 2048 and upwards. More stable mixing would be possible. I had a multiface and that had up to 8000 someting.

Best regards

Bluemusic

Re: Nuendo, Fireface 800, Win 7 - CPU goes to idle when hitting solo

The driver is not involved in Nuendo internal mixing etc. Are you sure Nuendo is fully updated?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have the latest version of Nuendo, which has been working alongside my trusted fireface 800 for many years. Since it is a latency thing I direct my eyes to driver conflict stuff, but I haven't got a clue where to start.

I had this version since it came out.

verify into the Nuendo's preferences the option about the release of vst cpu when no signal in. Maybe one of your vst is not going well in such case. So, toggle the state of that option and see if that help.
Otherwise, remove one by one vst until you find the culprit. That really look to be a vst problem.

rw

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

6 (edited by Bluemusic 2010-03-15 11:16:34)

Hi.

I have removed all the vst's and checked the vst3 box, but that is not the issue. Steinberg tecky says this is a RME driver thing.

First I don't see the relation to 'latency', second to our drivers. Give me the contact details of that 'tecky' please.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME