Topic: Digi9652 rev. 1.5 mac compatible?

Hello,

I have the above mentioned card which I used to have installed on a Win XP 32 machine.

Now I would like to use it on an hybrid machine where different OS will be running (mainly Windows7 64 and Snow Leopard 64) on an Intel processor.

Can I safely install it and then use it with the latest drivers (digi96_14.gz for mac / w2k_211.zip for W7)? Will it work on both platforms or is the eeprom chipset (M52 / W52) supposed to be changed everytime depending on the OS?

Should the answer above be yes and should I want to use it on the Windows 7 64 bit OS only... will it work despite the drivers being 32bit?

The card is rev. 1.5 and my product S/N is 22166692 if this may help you answer correctly.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Ricky

Re: Digi9652 rev. 1.5 mac compatible?

You can not physically install this card on an Intel Mac - there is no PCI slot. So the question of driver support or EPROM changes does not even come up...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your reply and sorry, I didn't realise that you're not offering support for hybrid machines until I read other posts in the forum today.

I guess I will just sell this old card and get a new RayDAT or HDSP 9652 (yes I know it's PCI but I have PCI slots and Intel and this card has Intel drivers).

Although Raydat seems the best option according to my understanding please allow me to ask you just to make sure: am I correct understanding that there is no 64bit drivers for the new PCI HDSP 9652 (Version 1.73)? This would be the only reason for me to choose RayDAT against the much cheaper HDSP 9652 so it's important for me to understand.

In order to give the proper description while selling the Digi9652 I'd appreciate if you could still check my Serial Number and advise whether it would be G5 compatible or require to be sent to factory for eeprom update.

Most importantly can you please confirm that RayDAT and HDSP 9652 do not rely on interchangeable eeprom chips for Win/Mac anymore? I must make sure of this as I cannot change eeprom everytime I switch OS... :-)

Many thanks,
R.

Hi Daniel,

Please advise. I'm going to buy the new interface on Friday and really need these clarifications to choose the right one.

Thanks,

Ricky

HDSPe RayDAT is the only one you listed that is supported on MacIntel. It uses FPGA for firmware, so no changing EPROMs.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Current cards do not need different EPROMs.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok thank you both for your reply.
When you have a minute I'd appreciate if you could check my serial number and advise if my Digi9652 requires to be sent to factory or may be used on g5 Macs (I need to know this to provide accurate information while selling it).
Thanks again,
Ricky