Topic: RME 800 vs 400 vs UC

HI Guys i  hope im not posting somethat someone post long time ago.
I need very fast your help, i have decided to buy a rme the thing is Fireface 400 is enough for me , but im struggling with the UC. Because its USB. So my question is there any difference in the Sound. are the converteres AD / DA exact the same ?

So if you guys say the fireface 800 has a better sound quality overall then i will buy it for sure.
What is the main differnnce between the fireface 400 and the UC . Is the UC faster ( to record ) ?

Kind Regards,

Timbo

Re: RME 800 vs 400 vs UC

The differences are tiny and IMHO don't matter in practice... The only important thing is the different bus and if I were you, I'd go down the UC route as USB seems to cause less problems in general and might be faster...

You should also take a look at the brand new Babyface, sounds interesting:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 140#p38140

Anyways, I'm a very very happy FF800 user and I'll never leave RME again...
wink

Best,
laex

DC rules!

Re: RME 800 vs 400 vs UC

oke laex thanks for the hints:D might be faster ? is usb 2 faster than fireface 400 and if yes. How tiny are the sound difference i rather spend some 300 swiss francs more than to buy an ff 400. For me the sound quality is very important specially i will used it for recording my keyboard, workstation, and acoustic gear. Sorry but i wont buy that little Babyface thing doesnt look that fancy too me;D but yeah.

i have a maudio 1814 never had problems with firewire , have a pci ti chip integrated. so i think the ff 800 or 400 would be go nicely on my pc.

@ RME Employees it would be nice if you guys can give me a advice, about the sound quality.