Topic: Strange problems with Micstasy and question about M32 heat

Hello,

I just built a perfect madi system with misctasy, M-32 Ad and M-32 DA. I have some strange problems with micstasy.
In channel 1 of the micstasy I hear strange beeps every second or so. I recorded this beeps, so you can hear for yourselves. Here is the file: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a … ab35b33ea6
The gain for channel one is set to 50. All other channel have no problem with this beeps. There is absolutely nothing connected to the inputs of micstasy, so there must be something else.
I also hear strange click, when I change gain from 21.5 to 22. This can be heard on all 8 channels.
Micstasy is on 2.1 firmware.
What should I do?

I also have questions about M-32 heat and fan noise. My M-32 AD reaches 48 degrees in about hour and a half. Room temperature in my studio is around 18-20 degrees. Converter is set to silent operation,
but the threshold temperature is reached pretty quickly and than loud fan kicks in. Is it normal, that this converter gets so hot so quickly?

I also tested the temperature of M-32 DA converter in same room, same rack, but it never exceeds 40 degrees. Why is there a difference between practically the same units?

Both converters have latest firmware and both units are just switched on, no audio connected.

Simon

Re: Strange problems with Micstasy and question about M32 heat

Do you get these beeps also when no microphone is connected?

The click at 22 is normal, and mentioned in the manual.

Can't really comment on the M-32, let's see what MC will say. Is the unit in a rack? Have you left some space around it?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello,

the beeps occur when no microphone is connected to the micstasy.

Both units are in the rack, both have some free space around them.

Regards
Simon

The input channel may be defective and in need of repair...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Should I send the unit for repair than?

Regards
Simon

Any comments regarding M32 fan and noise?
I was reading in another topic that the fan runs at full speed only in the Sahara sunshine, according to Matthias.
I really don't understand, how M-32 AD can get so hot in my relatively cold room. It doesn't happen with M-32 DA, only AD.
I am also worried, what will happen in the summer, when the room will be warmer than now.

I wouldn't care about the noise so much, if I had a machine room, but I build really silent studio with silent pc, and now I have this noisy fan in my room.

Regards
Simon