Topic: Fireface UC with ADI2 and Multiface 1..........

Hello. I have a few questions:
1.Are the Convertors in the ADI-2, superior to the FF UC ? Would it be a good option to use an ADI-2 for DA/Monitoring when running a FF UC ?

2.Can a Multiface 1 be used as analog input expansion (ADAT) for the FF UC , and would the MF still have to be connected to an HDSPe card or would it run stand alone with external power supply ?

3. I need inputs for Synths etc, but only need to record stereo tracks at most, on playback upto 50 tracks but streaming only stereo output. I am assuming USB is fine for this. IS USB bandwidth enough to a run a FF UC alongside, 2-3 midi controllers, NI Maschine, etc ? In this case, how does the FF UC behave ?

4. Converter wise, what is the  order for FF UC, Multiface 1 and ADI-2 , which is superior , at par etc ?

Thanks

Re: Fireface UC with ADI2 and Multiface 1..........

1 - On a spec sheet, yes. In practice, I don't hear a difference in DA. Maybe you would.

2 - The Multiface has a limited "disconnect" mode, but it's not very well suited for permanent use as an AD/DA. When connected to the host card you can set it up however you like. More here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1161

3 - Not really sure. We don't have reports of any problems with setups like this so far. The UC reserves some bandwidth on the USB bus for itself, so it should be fine in theory. It depends on how the other devices behave.

4 - ADI-2 > FF UC > Multiface I

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.