Topic: What to do now???

Hi everyone,

Had a Fireface 400 for awhile now and well, things haven't been going that well...I might be lucky in keeping it stable but it doesn't seem to last that long.

Ok. so I've jumped on the Win 7 bandwagon, but have got nowhere so am rather disillusioned.

So, to get by it's back to XP. I like using Win 7 (Pro) for internet, etc so I've loaded each up on a separate HDD and choose which I want to boot into from the bios each time. (No probs)

Win 7 - Cant get nowhere. (Tried again today). Get BSOD even just after loading up the drivers and going to choose the outputs in Control Panel.
Win XP - Can go alright for awhile, but after a couple of months (like last week again) Sound breaks down in the DAW (crackles, then locks everything up). Reinstall drivers, reinstall DAW doesn't fix anything.
So, wipe HDD, reinstall Win XP and start again. (Have had to do this again yesterday - again). No viruses, nothing new installed, it just cracks it.

I am so over it! Just want a stable system with a good DAW, no mucking around, just want to record and get on with it.

Since I've had so many problems I've been thinking about throwin loads of cash at a Mac. My favourite software moved to them (Logic) which also makes it very tempting.

So what's it like in Mac world with RME? Stable as a rock? Is it worth it?

My system at the mo...
Core2Duo E8400
Asus P5Q SE2 Motherboard
8GB HyperX Kingston DDR2 (which I can't use since Win 7 won't work and have only got XP Home 32Bit)
PCI Firewire card (unsure of brand)
512MB ATI Radeon 4850HD
Fireface has been checked and is in superb condition

Running Cubase 5. (hideous!!!)

Re: What to do now???

Blue_Metal wrote:

PCI Firewire card (unsure of brand)

Well here it may worth to be sure, and if not to just try out new card. Not expensive and could bring back on track your pc daw!

rw

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7