Topic: Does DIGICheck run on the card/interface? Having problems...

The problem i have is that RME Digicheck causes my computer to freeze playback for 2-3 seconds, like it cant keep up.
Well actually i dont think it is totally digicheck as other software+devices are in use.

Im just trying to work out what resources Digicheck uses... Is it heavy on the PC? Ram? Graphics card? or running totally on my Fireface 400?

I'll explain my setup...

RME Fireface 400 connected by firewire and connected (Synced as master) to a Soniccore (previously Creamware) Scope PCI card DSP system by both ADAT and SPDIF.

Scope runs on the DSP cards for most tasks but the reverbs also require some computer resources, RAM i think.

In Cubase if im using the Fireface and Scope reverbs everything is fine... But when i load Digicheck it starts to struggle, no audio glitches just short freezes like there is a bottleneck somewhere.

So im thinking either Digicheck is using computer resources resulting in it struggling to keep up OR digicheck runs on the Fireface and by using all analog ins and digital ins and digicheck at once the interface is under strain?

Any ideas?

Re: Does DIGICheck run on the card/interface? Having problems...

The bottleneck is that both applications used try to use the hard drive at the same time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

So digicheck is using the hard drive?

Cubase + Scope (with reverb) is fine and Cubase + Digicheck is fine

Even Cubase, Scope (no reverb) and Digicheck is fine

Only when recording...seems I misread your post. If you just use the Level Meters then there is only little RAM used. Sorry, can not say what is going on there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok

Thanks anyway..

It does this with the Totalyser which i can easily imagine using a decent amount of RAM, due to the graphics. But even with the basic level meters it does the same.

So im thinking RAM issue somehow