Topic: DDS on Fireface UC and Babyface?

Hi.

I'm wondering if the new Babyface have the DDS feature (warispeed) from the Fireface 400/800. On the PC platform at least.

I took for granted that is was availabe for the Fireface UC but can't seem to find that info on the http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_uc.php page. I always thougt the Fireface UC was a Fireface 400 with USB in stead of firewire but maybe that was not entirely correct.

I use my Fireface 800 a times on conserts with church organs. And the are seldom exactly 440Hz. Sometimes they are 467Hz. The Fireface 800 works very good and I've had it from the day I was released for just this very feature (that was planned for Hammerfall DSP but never happend). The babyface could be a way to bring less and smaller things and are therefore a very interesting product.

Fireface UC: DDS yes/no?
Babyface: DDS yes/no?

/anders hannus

Nuendo 7/Cubase 8.5|Windows 10/OSX10.10|Fireface800&UFX|3xUAD-2|5xGenelec1030,1x7060|SPL SMC

Re: DDS on Fireface UC and Babyface?

Download the UC manual then take a look at the sample rate options in the Settings dialog - it's there. Same for the Babyface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank You.

Reading th UC manual clarified a lot.

Please consider making a 8ch ADDA box in FIreface 400/UC format to expand those units. Line in/out only. I know there's the ADI-8 DS (have one) but something a bit smaller and with Fireface 400 converters.

/anders

Nuendo 7/Cubase 8.5|Windows 10/OSX10.10|Fireface800&UFX|3xUAD-2|5xGenelec1030,1x7060|SPL SMC

dust wrote:

Please consider making a 8ch ADDA box in FIreface 400/UC format to expand those units. Line in/out only. I know there's the ADI-8 DS (have one) but something a bit smaller and with Fireface 400 converters.

I would really like that as well.
I wonder how the market for such a product is.
If I want to record 16 channels of 24bit/192KHZ audio ( or 176.4 ), 2 FirefaceUC seems like the only option.
I am seriously considering this actually.

If there was a 8 channel RME ADAT converter, I would consider that as well.
However, I could only record 24bit/44.1KHZ if I wanted to record 16 channels.
Then, I also have an option of buying other brand converters with mike-pres on them.

For my personal needs, 2nd FirefaceUC seems like a better option since I have 8 channels of Seventh Circle Audio mike pres.
Their Neve and Millenia clone channels sound great.
So, 2 FirefaceUCs have 4 mike pres + 8channels of Sev. Circle pres = 12.
For 16 channels of recording you always need direct channels like keyboards, guitar or bass.

However, if you are planning on recording 24bit/44.1Khz, a small ( same size as FirefaceUC ) 8 channel converter would be a nice addition to FirefaceUC.