Topic: ADI-8 QS: flashing led and all blocked

I bought about one yaer ago the HDSP 9632, then, one month ago, the ADI-8 QS, because I need more than 2 channels. I plugged all, verified all cables 3 times and turned on all the items: PC, ADI-8 QS, equalizer, spectrum analyzer, etc.
When the ADI-8 QS turns on, the channel 1 input state and the channel 1 and 2 output state leds light, then all starts, but the ADAT leds flash. I know that the flashing led is because the singal is not synchronous. Very strange, because the optical cables are correctly connected to and from the HDSP 9632. I also verified the external word clock and all it's OK; the same for the analog out from HDSP 9632 to ADI-8 QS.
The only thing I'm thinking is that I must change some parameter on the ADI-8 QS, like the clock signal from the external word clock (Master) as slave, but I cannot do anything. Any button is locked and I cannot change any parameter. The ADI-8 QS appears as totally locked with no possibility to change anything. I also verified the HDSP control panel and "clock mode" is on "Autosync" and "Pref. sync ref" is on "Word clock". the ADAT in says "No lock". It appears all very strange and I cannot know how can I do to solve this problems. Many thank to the one that advises me how to solve all.

Re: ADI-8 QS: flashing led and all blocked

You activated 'Keys Locked'. See manual:

Via MIDI remote control, all front panel controls of the ADI-8 QS can be locked (Lock Keys). An exception is the REMOTE key. In Off-state Lock Keys is deactivated. Therefore a locking of all the controls can be revoked directly at the unit at any time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much! I'm really stupid: I forgot the remote control that's connected! OK, now I can set all I need, but a problem persists: the ADAT input is always not synchronous. I tried all parameters on HDSP 9632 and on the software MIDI remote 1.60 but... nothing to do! I'm sorry, but until last year I worked with a cheap sound blaster, so I'm not used to work on this professional apparatus. Are there other parameters to set? I tried to read the manual but there's only written that ?Inputs which are not synchronous will be signalled by flashing of the corresponding sync led? and I haven't found any solution. I tried also to hardly push the optical cables into the connection on the HDSP 9632 and ADI-8 QS, but they are plugged correctly. What can I do now? As everything you try for the first time, I need help during the first... test, then I'm sure I'll use it very well.

Dear MC, all is solved! The ADAT connection is now perfect! The problem was... dust! Yes! Dust! It's incredible, isn't it? A little bit of dust into the HDSP 9632 ADAT connection was the cause.